You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Need help

Threaded View

Default Need help

kind of a long story,please bear with me. i am 62yrs old, starting shooting a bow at 16. and was considered, an above average shot. back then i was pulling a 65lb pse. in 2000 at age 50 i had 4 massive heart attacks that left me with 25 percent heart function.had a quadruple bypass.i have also had two pacemakers since then. i am also insulin dependent diabetic. drs told me 12 yrs ago i would never pull a bow again. i missed that more than anything. 6 months ago i said the heck with them and started shopping for a bow, with 3d archery in mind. i was heart broke when i discovered i could barely pull a 30lb bow. i settled on a pse chaos 30 to 50lb bow. after awhile i was pulling it with ease. i ordered a new hoyt spyder 30 to 40 lb should be here in about a month. my concerns are these. how far is the longest target in 3d shoots. will i be embarrising myself with a 30lb bow.i am retired as well as disabled and have lots of time to shoot. i am also back in the gym trying to regain muscle strengh long gone. while i am doing this for fun, i am still very competitive, and dont like getting beat. be truthful am i peeing in the wind with this new bow. i do believe some of my strength will come back and hope to be pulling 40 by spring. any advise on arrows or field points to make the bow faster would be appreciated. any other advise also. my wife use to love watching me shoot and i got her a bow also. thank you in advance, for your response. may god bless. bear
    Last edited by big bear; 01-13-2013 at 12:59 AM.
    LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT