You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: What sight ?

Default What sight ?

my hoyt spyder will be here in about 2 weeks. i ordered a spot hog and am sure i will like it. however i have been looking at the hha i pin dial in. i have found looking at so many pins to be a little distracting. and i like the idea of having just one pin. would like to get some thoughts from you guys .this bow will be used for 3d archery only. if i decide to go with the hha, the spot hog right on will be for sale at a very good price still in box.
    LIFE IS SHORT DONT WASTE IT

using a movable single pin will put you into a higher class bracket which will put you competing against guys with magnified lenses and 30 inch stabilizers shooting at farther distances. you should ask for equipment descriptions and max yardages for the various classes at the club(s) where you plan on shooting and go from there on equipment selection.

Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    my hoyt spyder will be here in about 2 weeks. i ordered a spot hog and am sure i will like it. however i have been looking at the hha i pin dial in. i have found looking at so many pins to be a little distracting. and i like the idea of having just one pin. would like to get some thoughts from you guys .this bow will be used for 3d archery only. if i decide to go with the hha, the spot hog right on will be for sale at a very good price still in box.
    how many times have I seen guys using HHA's and the likes forget to ajust there Meters\Yards and shoot the next target to hot or cold????? Bloody Heaps !!Spot Hogg, Gods Gift to Pin shooting Archers and that wire well what more can I say?????--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

TY JC AND WESTY WILL KEEP THE SPOT HOGG

Quote Originally Posted by big bear View Post
    TY JC AND WESTY WILL KEEP THE SPOT HOGG
    Just see how it goes??? If you don't like it just sell him as there like money in the bank ,easy to sell and normally you lose very little money on them Mate!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I never understood the fascination with HHA really

They are OK sights...but for the money and for what you get your better off getting a better sight. Even more so if your talking about for target archery. If I were getting a sight for what you want it for I would get a CBE. You can get a brand new Tek Target for $200 and it is a MUCH better sight. Not even a debate. If you don't want to spend the cash on a new one you can usually find a good deal on a used one with a scope for cheaper then that. Heck you can even find Quad Lites for that price or cheaper if your lucky. I got one of mine for $150

I won't shoot pins anymore...well I do occasionally for hunting. But even then 99% of the time of the past 10 years or so I have shot a target sight of some variety. I have two CBEs so one of them is usually on my hunting bow. Set the pin at 25-28yds depending on the speed of the bow and I don't have to touch it unless I have a 40 yd shot or more.

Thank u i wll def checK them out, thanks again