You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Looking to update my stab bars...

Any advise on what to buy... My current setup has to be 30" with a v-rods that are about 10"

I am shooting a PSE Money Maker and looking to update them, they just seem old and bad looking now.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Bernies and B stinger are the first 2 that comes to mind. both are great stabs.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

I am a B-Stinger guy....as most know I have been from day 1....I actually helped start "day 1" for a lot of people.

There are several good bars out there....the newer Doinkers are nice also. I have shot a TON of stabs. Not just ones that I have bought....but I try to shoot all of my friends bars when someone has something for me to try that I haven't shot. I haven't had a reason to switch in the past 4 years since I "leaked" the B-Stinger prototype to the masses

IMO Bernies bars don't hold a candle to B-Stinger or Doinker....or some of the other better bars out there. I have friends that were or are on his "staff"....most of them have switched after shooting my bars. I also don't get the same sight picture, hold pattern, reaction or feel prior to or after the shot no matter which bars of his I try or how I set them up.

In God we trust wilkersonhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    I am a B-Stinger guy....as most know I have been from day 1....I actually helped start "day 1" for a lot of people.

There are several good bars out there....the newer Doinkers are nice also. I have shot a TON of stabs. Not just ones that I have bought....but I try to shoot all of my friends bars when someone has something for me to try that I haven't shot. I haven't had a reason to switch in the past 4 years since I "leaked" the B-Stinger prototype to the masses

IMO Bernies bars don't hold a candle to B-Stinger or Doinker....or some of the other better bars out there. I have friends that were or are on his "staff"....most of them have switched after shooting my bars. I also don't get the same sight picture, hold pattern, reaction or feel prior to or after the shot no matter which bars of his I try or how I set them up.

And thats why they make defferent brands of stabilizers. Not all stabilizers react the same to everyone. I will agree the b stinger stabs are one of the best out there though.But to name a few more is Dead center, Aep, fuse carbon blade, octane. And the list goes on.
    truball shooting staff
    2012 pse dreamseason evo 6
    member of the 160" 8ptr club
    [/COLOR]Treelimb quivers best out there
    treelimb quivers and sword sights pro staff

Quote Originally Posted by wilkersonhunter View Post
    And thats why they make defferent brands of stabilizers. Not all stabilizers react the same to everyone. I will agree the b stinger stabs are one of the best out there though.But to name a few more is Dead center, Aep, fuse carbon blade, octane. And the list goes on.
    True....but your mistaking what I mean by "react the same"....what I was talking about is NOT god no matter who you are. That is if you want the bow to "react" and aim your best.

Dead Center stabs are nice sticks....the Fuse bars are nice but I will pass.....AEP (I used to shoot) and Octane shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread as a B-Stinger or Doinker when it comes to a target stick.

I really like my Dead Center Stabs and Todd is really knowlegable.
    Proudly representing BowTech, Oak Ridge Archery, Vaportrail, Gold Tip, Dead Center Archery Products and CNC slings for the 2012 season

I have been shooting Bernies freak control for a few month and have really liked them so far... and the price is even nicer

I shoot Bernie's Stab's and I'm even on his staff. I used to shoot BStingers also. But they are not the holy grail of stabilizers. IMO they shoot just about the same for me. I wish Bstinger would just come out with a bar that is light as my light hawk.
    Snake Creek Mafia
    2012 Elite Answer
    TRU-BALL shooting staff Bernies Control Freak Staff
    Part of the UnBannable Crew on AT You Cant Catch Me.

So I currently have two bows, my indoor and my hunter bow. I just purchased my first B-Stinger stab bar, so I purchased one for the hunter bow since it is cheaper. If I like it I think I will go for the full setup on my indoor bow.

The purchase was B-Stinger 10" Sport Hunter Xtreme.