You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who's getting a .........

new bow this year?

What are you getting?

West-T where are the pics of the AE??? Isn't there a forum rule about it being manditory to post pics of any new or used bow someone buys?

Talking A little known fact !

I'm buying the grandkids another bow , one is not enough , as they no doubt want to grow up and be a great cold weather deer hunter and jerky maker like their bow shooting grandfather !

I just brought them another autoloading Remington 1187 , so they can shoot better than me , which many of them do now , as they want to beat me in archery now !

What kind of bow you gonna buy them Gramp's?

Talking Here's what I think !

I got them a Mission Menace , it's a few years old now but works great !

I'm thinking of getting one of those Genises bows that is made by Mathews , so the girls can shoot it !

i looked at them for my daughter too, they look to be nice shooters. But if I remember right it wasn't a easy task to adjust the draw length (had to change the cam) as they grew so I went with a darton ranger for my oldest.

Photos are comming of the most awesome bow of the 20th century!!!!!!Look out here they come!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

No doubt , Bear is bringing back their " Jennings " Buckmaster bow , just like the originals hard to find ones !

............................................................................... ......................................
    Last edited by Carpshooter; 11-29-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Default Inquiry mind wants to know !

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    i looked at them for my daughter too, they look to be nice shooters. But if I remember right it wasn't a easy task to adjust the draw length (had to change the cam) as they grew so I went with a darton ranger for my oldest.
    Tell me more about that Darton ?

I do like that Mission Menace , very adjustable , will even fit me !

I need a simple bow for the girls to shoot , as they are always wanting to shoot bow !

I'm going to look at a used but not much Genisis bow !

Here is my new bow.
    It's a '13 Elite Hunter.
    It is still season here in Illinois.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1105121917.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	26318 - t3h 3d shoots  

Quote Originally Posted by Stratcat View Post
    Here is my new bow.
    It's a '13 Elite Hunter.
    It is still season here in Illinois.
    Nice ..........................
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Well yours truely must have had serious rush of Red Mist this year!!!! I sat down and worked it out, that thanks to you guys I've had 12 bows this year alone and now after today I've just got 3 more ????WTF is wrong with me??? Ohh yerrrr I remember now!!!!! I'm a Mental Case!!!!! heres the Happy Birthday Bow Hoyt Alpha Elite 60# 300grn Gt 295 fps just for P****s and giggles what a nice bow to shoot love it!!!!!

Next the Comp bow for next year A.H.C (Australian Hunter Class)
    Vector Turbo 60-70# set at 65# with 330grn Gt22 Pros arrows 315fps
    what a Bitch to shoot but it is fast

My favorite and winner of many comps this year Mathews z7Mag 65#with 330grn Gt's massive 288fps and to think the IBO on this bow is 340fps

And last but not least as I find the T-Vector a Bitch to shoot so as of this arvo it looks like it has been benched even before the season has ended or started for that matter Hoyt Alpha Elite Black comes with both 50-60# limbs and 60-70# limbs 8 weeks old from the good old and A.t for $900-00 bare, Whats wrong with you guys????? He wanted a 2013 bow !!!!!
    This will be my A.H.C Bow for 2013 love this bow as well thoughts on which limbs to run though???? Anyone????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB300002.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	26319 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB300005.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	26320 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB300007.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	26321 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB300013.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	26322 - t3h 3d shoots   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-28_21-44-40_607.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	26324 - t3h 3d shoots  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-28_21-49-12_529.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	26325 - t3h 3d shoots  
    Attached Images Attached Images {$GLOBALS['threadinfo']['title']}-te4 3d shoots 
    Last edited by Westy; 11-30-2012 at 02:30 AM.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Tell me more about that Darton ?
    That's what the Princess started out on. (RangerIII) 15-45# and 17-28" draw length; pretty wide adjustment range; the only thing to be aware of its is doesn't have the high let off with all combinations.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

The Darton Rangers are very solid shooters. My daughter used her's for 3 years and passed it along to her cousin who has been using it for the last 2.
    The draw lengths are easily adjusted without a trip to the pro-shop just as long as you have a few basic tools and know how to tune a bow. Fast enough to shoot deer at low poundage too. My oldest shot two deer at 35 pounds with it and my nephew has 3 or 4 under his belt with it at around 40 to 45 pounds.
    They have been out long enough a guy might be able to find a good used one although they are not a real pricey bow(compaired to a mathews) to begin with.

Dang West-T nice herd!

although how many time do i have to tell you?

Red bows shoot the best!!!

I got a new target bow yesterday actually. Well it's new too me anyway.....

Got it all taken apart and cleaned up last night and the correct cams put on. Gotta build a new string today so I can shoot it a little and start playing with the stabs a bit until my new string material comes and I can build a set next week.

Damn , I bet that our buddy Westy can pick up more stastions than Gator with that one bow .....................................................

My spot bow looks simple , thanks to the Kiss rule !

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Hornet View Post
    I got a new target bow yesterday actually. Well it's new too me anyway.....

Got it all taken apart and cleaned up last night and the correct cams put on. Gotta build a new string today so I can shoot it a little and start playing with the stabs a bit until my new string material comes and I can build a set next week.
    What did you get Hornet?.......I know you usually don't buy new so it should be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Damn , I bet that our buddy Westy can pick up more stastions than Gator with that one bow .....................................................

My spot bow looks simple , thanks to the Kiss rule !

RUMOR

lets see it Carp.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Well yours truely must have had serious rush of Red Mist this year!!!! I sat down and worked it out, that thanks to you guys I've had 12 bows this year alone and now after today I've just got 3 more ????WTF is wrong with me??? Ohh yerrrr I remember now!!!!! I'm a Mental Case!!!!! heres the Happy Birthday Bow Hoyt Alpha Elite 60# 300grn Gt 295 fps just for P****s and giggles what a nice bow to shoot love it!!!!!

Next the Comp bow for next year A.H.C (Australian Hunter Class)
    Vector Turbo 60-70# set at 65# with 330grn Gt22 Pros arrows 315fps
    what a Bitch to shoot but it is fast

My favorite and winner of many comps this year Mathews z7Mag 65#with 330grn Gt's massive 288fps and to think the IBO on this bow is 340fps

And last but not least as I find the T-Vector a Bitch to shoot so as of this arvo it looks like it has been benched even before the season has ended or started for that matter Hoyt Alpha Elite Black comes with both 50-60# limbs and 60-70# limbs 8 weeks old from the good old and A.t for $900-00 bare, Whats wrong with you guys????? He wanted a 2013 bow !!!!!
    This will be my A.H.C Bow for 2013 love this bow as well thoughts on which limbs to run though???? Anyone????

Those 60 to 70 pound limbs would sure throw a arrow.....how those shoulders mate?
    I use to pull back 70 like nobodies business 10 years ago. 65 makes me grunt anymore, when I get down to 60 and under it gets comfortable and steady for target. If you struggle to draw 70 are you gaining enough speed to make up for the unstable sight pic?
    I think my 50 to 60 pound limbs on my AE topped out around 63 pounds once I had it set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Those 60 to 70 pound limbs would sure throw a arrow.....how those shoulders mate?
    I use to pull back 70 like nobodies business 10 years ago. 65 makes me grunt anymore, when I get down to 60 and under it gets comfortable and steady for target. If you struggle to draw 70 are you gaining enough speed to make up for the unstable sight pic?
    I think my 50 to 60 pound limbs on my AE topped out around 63 pounds once I had it set up.
    Thats what I'm asking Gator is 63 -63 as the rumour says a bow works better at the top end of it range than in the lower end of it's range????I'd reckon 63 would hoot like 63 no matter what range it was in????Am I right or wrong????

Thanks Mate