You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Release

Hybrid View

Default Release

So when I first started shooting about 2 years ago I purchased a wrist strap trigger release... It worked OK but for long usage it started to wear on my skin and it seemed that I couldn't get the same alignment with it. SO I went out and purchased a caliper hand release (Tru-Fire Edge 4 Camo Release). It also was OK to use but again I couldn't stay consistent with it at all. It seemed that I was always thinking about how I could get it to release the same way each time and I really struggled to bring in my groups. So last night after league I purchased a release off a guy that won a release that he wasn't using at Lancaster. WOW oh wow, so much better. I got the STAN SX2, and the first time I shot it, it scared the crap out of me... So easy to release my arrows down range, now I can just stair at the target and not even think about my release. If there are any beginners out there that want to use a back tension I would say this one is a good one. I have tried a Carter as well but I couldn't even get it to go off. Hey to each their own, but I hope STAN is my man!

Default info

Thanks for the Info....I am using a wrist release now...A tru-Fire Hook release....so Far it's ok...but have been thinking about changing...

Stan makes some great stuff!!

My favorite is the Black Jack.

Lube the releases during off 3d shooting produces less pull. U might not know how much u pressure u put on a in lubricated trigger. Jmo