You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default Eyeglasses wearers?

Archery is still new to me and I am finding it hard to focus through my eyeglasses,as I am far sighted.The 5 pin Tru Glo sight I have puts the first row of pins 2.5" from the riser at it's longest when mounted regularly but I managed to increase that to 3" by using the two threaded accessory holes with a shim to ensure tightness, since I was bolting two threaded pieces together.I did this to see if it would put the pins farther into the range where my vision of the pins is not blurry.Being farsighted means my glasses make the target clear but the pins blurry.I take them off to read as well.It seems that every little bit helps but I think that putting the pins another 6" out for a total of 9" would be the ticket.I am going to experiment with this idea tomorrow by rigging up a home made sight at that length.

So,Im wondering if anyone else here has this problem and how they deal with it.Again,the pins are so blurry that my 10 and 20 yard pins blur together. Lasic surgery is not an option for me and I'm not thrilled about the idea of contacts either;they would probably not cure the problem as the prescription would presumably be the same anyway,so lets assume I'm stuck with glasses.

I had a same type of problem and went from several pins (4) to a slider sight with a scope that has a .29 fiber optic and is also a 4 x scope. I do have the sight bar out about 5 inches, but can go to 9 if needed. This setup has worked great so far, I purchased use a toxonics sight (nail driver model ) used $120 and the sight scope was $100 used off of ebay....
    Bill Olmesdahl
    Gibertville rod and gun club NY
    Sand Dune archers of Myrtle Beach SC
    Senior archers of Oneonta NY

I went to bifocal contacts made it much easier to see and shoot.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

You might try running a Verifier peep with your setup (they're legal to run in any hunter/bowhunter class). Here is a link: http://www.specialtyarch.com/product...iers/verifier/

Thumbs up Thanks guys!

Wow,lots of great advice.All three responses are worth checking out.I like the verifier peep concept and might try that first.As I'm a tinkerer and have never left anything stock,a design for making my own slider sight has been rattling around in my head since first getting my bow.My wife has been bugging me to try bifocal contacts for awhile and knowing that a bowhunter uses them with success may just push me to follow through.Heck,if I do all three,I won't be able to miss,hehe.

Thanks again!