1st Bow Kill with my 8 year old boy in the stand.
You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default 1st Bow Kill with my 8 year old boy in the stand.

We had a great start to the season here this past year. On October 3rd my boy and I went out to bow hunt for the evening and I let him pick the spot where we were going to sit. He said lets go to creek bottom stand in the double ladder stand. My boy is 8 years old and has never been with me when I have shot a deer. He has been with on multiple tracking jobs etc. So we got to the stand early and of course he was getting antsy, then here come a doe and fawn. That kept him occupied for a little bit, then off in the distance I could see a tree moving around and there was a buck making rub. He then worked his way up to us about 20 yards away. He gave us quite a show, but was just to small to shoot. He then walked away and I was like maybe I should have for my boy to be able to experience that. Five minutes later it sounded like a bear running through the corn towards us, but I was not able to see it due to the brush. All of sudden my boys goes dad shooter! I'm like where as I was not able to see it, he's like right there. Then I saw him and was ok yea he's a good one. He started walking broadside at 20 yards then stopped. I was at full draw, but wanted him to walk a little more forward. Meanwhile at full draw my boy is hitting me in the side and saying shoot him, shoot him. haha Then the buck took a couple more steps and I release the arrow and hit him good. He didn't go far and boy was pumped to say the least. It was a great hunt that neither of us will probably never forget. He was a typical 8 point and weighed 208lbs dressed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lp.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	27938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12249641_10206198549376089_8233231405786750749_n.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	27939

cool.........

Great shot

That's awesome.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Very nice - my grandson is 6 and I don't think he'd make it through a sit yet. Looking forward to being able to take him with me. What a great experience for both of you!
    Bear Super Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Magnus Stingers, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus