You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Beware the snake in the Grass

Tell me guys is it just me or does this happen over in the as well???I Have been hunting a property for the last 30 yrs and it's about 3hrs drive to find some of the best hunting in all of Australia!!!I took a so called friend up there a few weeks ago and we had a ball,i just had a call from the farmer who has told me that this Grub turned up last weekend and started hunting on the property then told the farmer what a head I was and bought a couple of mates along for the ride !!!! What would you guys do???

Cheers Westy
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Yep, it happens here too. I would guess at the minimum he burned up a lot of good will you had built up with the landowner and at worst cost everyone the chance to hunt the property every again. There isn't much you can do about it but try to rebuild the good will with the landowner and disassociate yourself completely from your "friend".

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
    Yep, it happens here too. I would guess at the minimum he burned up a lot of good will you had built up with the landowner and at worst cost everyone the chance to hunt the property every again. There isn't much you can do about it but try to rebuild the good will with the landowner and disassociate yourself completely from your "friend".
    I'm hearing you loud and clear SuperMag!!!!Thanks Mate!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Had that problem before..........Luckly the farmer called so you have a clue what's going on. When it happened to me the farmer met me at the gate and said if your gona bring like that here don't come back. So now I hunt by myself , my daughter or one guy iv'e hunted with 25 yr's. I just wouldn't talk to him again karma will get him back..

Quote Originally Posted by duanelane View Post
    Had that problem before..........Luckly the farmer called so you have a clue what's going on. When it happened to me the farmer met me at the gate and said if your gona bring like that here don't come back. So now I hunt by myself , my daughter or one guy iv'e hunted with 25 yr's. I just wouldn't talk to him again karma will get him back..
    Thanx Duanelane looks like it might have already come back to bite him!!! Apprentlly they came home empty handed,all the more for me and Oldskool to hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Thanx Duanelane looks like it might have already come back to bite him!!! Apprentlly they came home empty handed,all the more for me and Oldskool to hunt
    Well if you knead any help controlling the population I will be right over...........Hope it screws up his hole year.........................

Well if you knead any help controlling the population I will be right over...........Hope it screws up his hole year.........................
    I hear Nuddie Ruddie has been just screwing up his hole!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I hear Nuddie Ruddie has been just screwing up his hole!!!!!!!!!

He's more of a man than I will ever be.........exit only...........................................

He's more of a man than I will ever be.........exit only...........................................
    I'm with you Mate

Exit only !!!!!!

So is rutnut the snake........................

So the guy you took hunting went back to that property and told the farmer that you were a head? AND he took other people there with him?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    So the guy you took hunting went back to that property and told the farmer that you were a head? AND he took other people there with him?!
    Thats the deal????? I've been hunting this property for over 30 yrs and with several diffrent owners ,the farmer has only been on this property about 5 yrs and I have only met him on 3 occasions The thing that mad me mad was he lied bare face to me about haqving to get a boat with his brother and couldn't make the local comp!!!!What a Grub!!!!!