You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Blocks or Bags

Default Blocks or Bags

I have a field bag now that has to go on a wood stand. It is really nice but I want one I can carry to the stand and shoot from the stand. It would be a pain to carry the field bag and detachable stand. So I am looking at getting either a bag like the Morrell Bone Collector Double Duty 400 Field Point Bag Archery Target or the Rinehart 18-1 Target (Color Blem). What is the general though on life for a bag vs a block?

Bow Madness 3G - Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity, B-Stinger 10" Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer,
    NAP Apache Rest, Copper John Mark I 5 Pin Sight w/Dead Nuts 3 Micro Adjust Kit and Light,
    STAN SX2 Release, and ABB Premium Full Set Strings. Shooting Gold Tip XT Hunter Arrows.

I use a bag from 3rd hand archery that I cant wear out, my daughter and I shoot every day. When we start practicing out of the tree stand we use an 18 in one so we can shoot a couple broad heads. The 18 in one is 3yrs old and holding up pretty well with the abuse we put it threw it has one soft spot from broad heads..

You could just take the bag and throw it on the ground if you intend to use field (target) points, but if you intend to practice with broadheads you'd definitely want some sort of block target. As mentioned, the 18-1 is a good one that can take a lot of use. The cheaper layered kind just get sliced up and fall apart in short order.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I think I'd opt for the 18-1 as well. Easy to transport and like they said, it holds up well.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus