You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Why?

Default Why?

Why do most of you come to the forums? To ask archery questions? Lonely in life? Search advice?

Are you active in other forums? Archery or non archery related?

When you have no time and lose interest in archery, how do you spark that interest again?

(it is late, I am bored and lonely. LOL)

I come here at work, I have a desk job that consists of waiting for the phone to ring.... if the phone doesn't ring nothing for me to do. I read a LOT of books but that gets me tired, so I started the forum. This is the only one that I belong to and I don't really have any interest in others. I mostly come on here to see what people say about new gear and to see if they have the same problems as me. I had a really bad shoot a while back and didn't really want to shoot again, but then my friend talked me into going to a pot shoot and a 3D shoot and it sparked it again, I think for me when I start to take longer periods off from shooting I find it harder to want to start again. Hunting season helps but I think I have to try to maintain a schedule so that way I don't stop (kind of like exercise).

Bow Madness 3G - Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity, B-Stinger 10" Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer,
    NAP Apache Rest, Copper John Mark I 5 Pin Sight w/Dead Nuts 3 Micro Adjust Kit and Light,
    STAN SX2 Release, and ABB Premium Full Set Strings. Shooting Gold Tip XT Hunter Arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by mn.moose View Post
    I come here at work, I have a desk job that consists of waiting for the phone to ring.... if the phone doesn't ring nothing for me to do. I read a LOT of books but that gets me tired, so I started the forum. This is the only one that I belong to and I don't really have any interest in others. I mostly come on here to see what people say about new gear and to see if they have the same problems as me. I had a really bad shoot a while back and didn't really want to shoot again, but then my friend talked me into going to a pot shoot and a 3D shoot and it sparked it again, I think for me when I start to take longer periods off from shooting I find it harder to want to start again. Hunting season helps but I think I have to try to maintain a schedule so that way I don't stop (kind of like exercise).

How do i get a job like that??? I come here as I'm semi Retired and like a good laugh !!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Semi-retired? That's too bad. I am retired although I do part time work, but only as a hobby. I'd go nuts without something to do. Now I come on these type of forums to socialize and expand my knowledge base about archery. 40 years of shooting compounds and there's always lots to learn.

I spend a fair amount of time on Archery Talk and am an administrator on the Martin Tech Forum. Busy, busy, busy.

I have another major hobby, that being scuba diving all over the world so I frequent some of those forums, too, including forums involved in underwater video which I also pursue.

All told I try to keep my computer time under 4 hours a day. Agterall there are scuba trips to take and bows to shoot. Stuff called living.

Barry
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Semi-retired? That's too bad. I am retired although I do part time work, but only as a hobby. I'd go nuts without something to do. Now I come on these type of forums to socialize and expand my knowledge base about archery. 40 years of shooting compounds and there's always lots to learn.

I spend a fair amount of time on Archery Talk and am an administrator on the Martin Tech Forum. Busy, busy, busy.

I have another major hobby, that being scuba diving all over the world so I frequent some of those forums, too, including forums involved in underwater video which I also pursue.

All told I try to keep my computer time under 4 hours a day. Agterall there are scuba trips to take and bows to shoot. Stuff called living.

Barry
    Doesn't that then mean your Semi Retired???? I work to pay for huntig trips and new bows and gear as airfares to the are over the top Down Under!!!!
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Doesn't that then mean your Semi Retired???? I work to pay for huntig trips and new bows and gear as airfares to the are over the top Down Under!!!!
    If you want to say semi-retired then please do. I only do what I do because I'd go stir crazy doing nothing. I like to think I'm retired because I don't need the money and could quit at any time. I'm 66 now and quit working 10 1/2 years ago.

I also travel the world scuba diving and believe me, what I make at my JOB doesn't come close to paying for half the travel.
    Martin/Rytera Silver Star Shooter
    UBP Life Member
    PSAA Life Member
    Worldwide Scuba Diver

I come here when AT is down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
    2010 PSE AXE 7

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post
    Why do most of you come to the forums? To ask archery questions? Lonely in life? Search advice?

When you have no time and lose interest in archery, how do you spark that interest again?

Dont let us get in your way of being happy!

I come here for GatorEye and Carpy.

Hunky men they are....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Dont let us get in your way of being happy!

I come here for GatorEye and Carpy.

Hunky men they are....
    Well then you must be in remorse at this present time as they both have left this fine sight!!!!And Wheelie just go out and hunt something down and kill it,it always sparks my intrest yet again!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OneMustFall View Post
    I come here when AT is down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol
    I come here to get away from AT.

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

Quote Originally Posted by shark3 View Post
    I come here to get away from AT.
    I think we all do

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Great beer, great friends, whats not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by BUNNYMAN View Post
    Great beer, great friends, whats not to like?
    Ha! I do miss having my wine with some 3dshoots.com entertainment
    (I no longer drink, trying to be a good example to my kids, and it is not worth it to encourage my husband who I can not stand to be around after he has had a few )

Quote Originally Posted by Wheely View Post

Why?

To share the camaraderie of a great hobby

To laugh, smirk and harass the best of our friends

To share our down falls and improvements only to pass on what we all love about archery

To have a blast with our smack down indoor leagues and most of all to share the moment

To cherish and remember all those who we had the opportunity to converse and meet in life that made us feel as part of the group or who took a moment to step aside and give a tip on how to better our game.

I for one have fallen into the change in life do to work that no one can imagine would ever alter a change in life that would take away the spirit and drive one has in archery to slamming to a halt. I never could imagine that possible but it is. That an a eye injury to boot.

But a small part of me is still here only to wait for the fire to start again.

But I do miss the camaraderie of the gang here and or the memories at Wabash.

Cheers
    The only one that is your competitor is the air between your ears!

JDX...I know all too much about losing the fire. That happened. Getting that fire back took finding a firey redhead to get my intrest back.

Life throws things at you that makes you prioritize. I come to 3dshoots because it is a smaller group, that which I am more comfortable with. I am a member of AT, tradtalk, tradgang, Mathews, tractorbynet, f150online as well, but I visit here most often now. I have only barely been computer literate since 2005, had no idea so many people liked to hunt deer with a bow like me before that. Got thrown a curve a while back which put archery in the back seat but trying to get it back. It's seen me through some bad times just like fishing has. Time alone. Just me and a rod or a bow. I am looking forward to bow season.
    FBSA Member

Default Just replaced 30 years of bicycle racing with archery...

and was looking for a 'home' like the one I have for hardboot snowboarding(riding narrow racing/carving snowboards with ski boots or 'hardboots' designed for that type of riding).

Being new to a huge forum can be intimidating.Hell,bomberonline.com,the snowboard forum,has as many 'technovulture' snobs ready to swoop in on anyone excited about the cheap used board they just got into the sport with,as it has helpful and welcoming members.

But as a beginner with an entry level bow I have felt welcomed here.Besides the fact I'm still in the 'honeymoon' stage of archery,I'm a quick study,and having a place to go and lurk,get advice and share my experiences keeps me motivated.This will likely be the first place I post pics if and when I get my first deer next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JDX-- View Post
    Why?

To share the camaraderie of a great hobby

To laugh, smirk and harass the best of our friends

To share our down falls and improvements only to pass on what we all love about archery

To have a blast with our smack down indoor leagues and most of all to share the moment

To cherish and remember all those who we had the opportunity to converse and meet in life that made us feel as part of the group or who took a moment to step aside and give a tip on how to better our game.

I for one have fallen into the change in life do to work that no one can imagine would ever alter a change in life that would take away the spirit and drive one has in archery to slamming to a halt. I never could imagine that possible but it is. That an a eye injury to boot.

But a small part of me is still here only to wait for the fire to start again.

But I do miss the camaraderie of the gang here and or the memories at Wabash.

Cheers
    Nice to see ya back on here