You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Question What Do You Do When?

Well let me start by saying hello to everyone. Tell me does anyone have this problem. I have brand new Mathews Switchback (about a month now), possibly, no definatly the the best bow I have every shot hands down. Smooth, fast, completly vibration free. Just a sweet shooting machine. The problem is that after less than 500 shots the end serving on the string moves and breaks and starts to unwind were it goes around the cam (at the let-off point). Now I dont mind going to the shop and getting this fixed, but how about when you half way through the R100? Does anyone else have this problem or am I the only one. Also this is the new Zebra Baracuda sting that is supposed to be so great. Is there a fix to this situation. I once heard of someone putting high tack rubber cement on the center serving to keep it in place (a lite coating on the area to be served). I would think this would not be good after the stuff dries and hardens.
    Last edited by BUNNYMAN; 04-27-2005 at 01:14 AM.

Default Six Point

HEY BOWMAN,
    Just went down to my den to check out my Switchback after I read your problem. I have been shooting my since Jan. indoor league and 3-D -----
    should be well over 500 shots. I hate to tell you this but I looked real close and couldn't see any problem. I do agree of the bows I have owned in my 40 plus years of bow hunting this is the sweetest.
    Last edited by skip hershey; 04-27-2005 at 09:46 PM.

Smile

Thanks Skip. I believe in my first post I may have said it was on the string and its on the actually cable, sorry sometimes my fingers cant type what my brain is thinking. LOL. Took it back to the dealer yestarday and said he have it by Friday, wish it was sooner, I have some new fletching combo's I want to try. He's going to reserve it. Does not have cable and I want for 3-D this weekend. Well anyway have to head off to work, thanx for the info. I will be keeping an eye on it after this.

Hey Bowman,
    I was at my local archery shop today (claim to be the largest Mathews dealer in the world) and I ask about your problem. He said the earlier Switchbacks had some quality problems with the cable and that the problem has been corrected and that Mathews replaced them without question. Hope this helps.