You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

LeepFROG

Default Any and all help would be appreciated

I'm new to archery been shooting for about 2 months now just about everyday. I have all my gear (minus a few things range finder bino's etc) I have a spot to hunt someone to show me the ropes. Got a few leads on deer in the area from cameras, scouted my terrain and seen quite a few big bucks shocking for the size of the land I'm able to hunt but is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a deer this season. I looked and there is a 3d shoot the week before season starts I've been strongly thinking about attending other then that I'm out of ideas so any of yours would greatly be appreciated

Thanks for reading and happy hunting

Any opportunity you can shoot you bow is a plus. 3Ds are a blast, and can help you judging distance. especially if you spot/stalk.
    FBSA Member

Always pay attention to wind direction when going out to hunt. We do what we can to reduce our scent but if it's a bad wind direction for a particular stand, don't sit in it. They don't need to smell YOU but only that something doesn't smell right, and they melt away. Pay attention to the wind direction.
    FBSA Member

Default If you hunt in a stand or a blind...

Do a little setup for distances. Use forestry tape to identify known distances to help you estimate distances quickly.
    Cheers,
    Phil aka tazzman

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by LeepFROG View Post
    I'm new to archery been shooting for about 2 months now just about everyday. I have all my gear (minus a few things range finder bino's etc) I have a spot to hunt someone to show me the ropes. Got a few leads on deer in the area from cameras, scouted my terrain and seen quite a few big bucks shocking for the size of the land I'm able to hunt but is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a deer this season. I looked and there is a 3d shoot the week before season starts I've been strongly thinking about attending other then that I'm out of ideas so any of yours would greatly be appreciated

Thanks for reading and happy hunting
    make all movements is super slow motion and tight up against the body
    if you are starting to draw or at full draw and the deer makes you go ahead and complete it and make the shot

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I much prefer to be elevated, a good stand of whatever type you prefer is pretty high on my list. Death from above!
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus