You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Girlfriend Needs a Bow of Here Own

Help me decide this. I have a need to get my girl her own bow. She has been shooting my daughter's Genesis and is really enjoying it. What bow should I be looking at for her. I am going to have to get her to a shop and get her draw length measured etc. Not sure how to do so and still surprise her at Christmas...and I have no idea what bow to get her. What bow should I be looking at? I know she can't draw back my bows at about 60#
    Mathews Switchback 63# 29"
    Victory Arrows and FOBs!

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

I understand you want to surprise her; but that is one of those items that she really needs to try out and pick for herself.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

If she shows interest, make sure that she finds a bow that she likes and that fits her. Don't just pick what you like/shoot. My wife has been shooting for about 15 years and still doesn't like the same bows/equipment that I use. Buy her what she wants. Teach her/ or better yet send her for lessons ( she won't listen to you). Let her have fun the way she wants. My wife does not hunt, but really enjoys indoor target and 3d. Just don't push her into what she doesn't enjoy and you will have a fun archer/relationship.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

I can't help on what bow to buy. I'd lean towards a healthy gift certificate for the best archery shop in your area and turn her loose. Let her pick. I did similar with my boys.
    FBSA Member

I got my daughter and my wife both mission craze... a bow that can go from 19"-30" and 15-70 lbs... that way if you give it up you would have a second bow tuned to you in about 15 minutes... plus at about $400 for a package bow its a good price...

Got her a Hoyt Ultra Elite, it is an older model, has C2 cams and a new string in 29" draw. I have wanted one of these forever but never bothered to buy one as I never had any one to shoot with. I am going to get the cams that fit her draw length and a new string to fit them and then the parts off this one I will put on the shelf should I come across a riser/set of limbs for one for myself if we end up shooting a lot together. Thanks to all that replied.
    Mathews Switchback 63# 29"
    Victory Arrows and FOBs!