You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Hoyt Ultra Sport

Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me there opinion on a Hoyt Ultra Sport compound bow that I am considering buying. I have been hunting since I was a kid but archery is brand new to me and could use some guidance. The bow has a 27-30 draw, is 50-60lbs. has whisper biscuit rest,and 2 pin sight. stabilizer, wrist sling,Hoyt quiver. 3 arrows and a hard shell case. The asking price is $315.00. I am not sure yet of the bows age, but it looks to be hardly used. Is this a fair price, and a good bow to start with? Dont know if it matters but Im 6' and 225lbs.

South East Massachusetts

My son, now 24, shot his first deer at 15 with his ultrasport. So they have been around a while. He hasn't 'upgraded' yet. We've put new threads on it a couple times and that's it. I picked up one for his fiancÚ too a few years back and put new threads on it too. It's a pretty good bow, though not state of the art. If it fits you, it will serve you well IMO. You don't need this year's bow to be a good hunter or to shoot good. price-wise I think it's at least a 100 too high if I was buying it. It's going to cost that to put new string and cables on it.
    Last edited by red44; 11-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.
    FBSA Member

Red44 thanks for the advice. I took a look on my local craigs list and found a number of Hoyts right around the $200 mark in the same condition. Ill keep doing my research. Thanks again!