You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default What's new in the ML world?

Thank god SG is almost over, on to muzzleloaders/bows. I'm still using a sidelock but with a 180 grain, sabot/40 cal bullet. been using it now for 3rd season, great groups on the range, no deer shot to know how it works real world. Round ball out of my .50 would be 170 grains so I'm hoping it will do the job. any of you guys ML hunt?
    FBSA Member

New kids on the block. LHR Sporting Arms. Former employees of Thompson Center. Held one at a local shop, had no idea who made it (didn't have my glasses to read the barrel stamp LOL). Started looking on line and found it. I thought I was holding a Ruger #1 conversion of some sort. Hope they make it. Not many American made ML's other than Thompson theses days.
    If you didn't know, TC had a fire consume the factory a few years ago. I'm sure everybody that worked there life's changed. Cudos to these 4 guys for putting themselves out there and trying it on there own.
    Last edited by red44; 12-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    FBSA Member

Thompson was bought out by Smith and Wesson and moved TC operations to springfield ma. These 4 guys struck out on their own in TC's former hometown of Rochester NH.
    I have no relationship with them, just found out about their existence.
    Knight is back with quality stuff too. And that is good news. They've been good MLs for a long time.
    Other than custom gun makers, who else in USA is making MLs?
    NEF/HR no, REM no, WIN no, Marlin no, Savage no. CVA, and Traditions are made elsewhere. Not that they are bad guns, but it is a statement about supporting us.
    TC apparently is no longer making a Hawkin, Renegade, or any other of the BP guns that they made their name on. Pity I guess that speaks to sales.
    FBSA Member