You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bow for my needs

I noticed this year it got a little more painful to pull my bow back. Is there a bow out there say for example, with a pull of 35# with let off of 55-70#. I know this is a odd question, but I got to try.

no, unfortunately there isn't. what kind and draw weight of bow do you shoot now? if it gets too bad there's always crossbows.

Default Thanks

Well thank you, I will stay with the old girl. In N.Y. they went back can't use a crossbow unless you get a special permit. I can't get it.

Curious what bow you shooting now?
    FBSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1 View Post
    I noticed this year it got a little more painful to pull my bow back. Is there a bow out there say for example, with a pull of 35# with let off of 55-70#. I know this is a odd question, but I got to try.
    I can identify with you having just gotten back into archery after a long lapse. If your bow can be adjusted for pull weight. Adjust it for a lightr pull. Then shoot it everyday for a short period. Aftera week incresse the pull weight aprox. 5 lbs. and do it again. continue until you have reached your ideal pull weight. If the weather is too bad that you cannot go outside to shoot get one of the exercise devices that simulates the pulling of a bowstring (rubber bands/springs). You have just lost strenth in your arms shoulder and back. Exercise will get it back. I know that when I tried pulling my compound with a 60# draw, I found it very hard, and could not hold it for very long, if I did get to full draw, but after a month I am back to my "Old Self". No need to go to a crossbow if you don't have a injury that prevents the use of a convential bow.
    Warren