You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: New to site

Default New to site

Hello guys and gals, I'm new to the site. Been shooting bow since I was about 13 been hunting for about 7 years now. Been thinking about getting into my first 3D tournaments but not quite sure what to expect. Any tips, tricks, or know how's to get me started in competition shooting would be greatly appreciated. Don't claim to be a bow guru, just know I can shoot.

Default Welcome?

Not sure I have earned a place to say welcome as this is also my first post, but to attempt an answer at your question. What to expect? You can expect to meet a ton of great people who like to have a good time. There will be some who are pretty serious about the sport, but overall, just regular Joes out doing what they love, shooting bows.

Tips and Tricks. The best tip you can get is the age old practice, practice, practice. However, what you really will need to concentrate on is judging yardage. In the "old days" (15-20 years ago) if you could judge yardage within 3-4 yards you'd fair pretty well at a shoot. Now days, with ASA targets and such, if you are looking to climb the ranks you have to be pretty much spot on with your judgement.

In my book shear knowledge will give you the right to speak. I love to shoot also have a 12 year old who wants to shoot everyday. I usually take things pretty serious when it comes to competition but never a poor sport. My goal is to break into the sport of comp shooting and see how I do. I guess I'm one of those guys who like to think I'm pretty good at what I do and always strive to get better. Thanks for the input.

Are you going with people you know? Alone?

If you are going alone, it is usually pretty easy to join a small group and meet new people. It is more fun shooting with others (for me anyway).

Have fun! Don't be too serious about it!

Yeah I will be going alone. I want sure how serious people may be.

The best thing to be perfect in bow shooting is practice. You should have good command on the equipment you choose, just stick with it and practice. Hire an expert trainer and start with small targets, not large ones, get used to hitting3 inch circles at 20 yards. You should know some small game blunt tips and go squirrel hunting and use bright veins on your arrows.
    Last edited by GunnerJacky; 04-24-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Default Total Archery Challenge

For great practice come out to one of our Events. Our next one is at Seven Springs, PA

The “Prime Total Archery Challenge” is coming to Seven Springs, Pennsylvania on May 16-18th and we want you there! The Total Archery Challenge has partnered with Prime bows by G5 to bring Seven Springs, Pennsylvania the world’s greatest out door 3D Shoot and Expo. We work hard to provide a fun, family friendly environment where everyone can enjoy the great sport of archery. It’s like we always say “Life… It’s Better with a Bow!”
    The Total Archery Challenge, or TAC, is the foremost leader in fun non-competitive outdoor 3D shoots and expos in the United States. We work hard to provide our participants with real world archery shots in a safe and family friendly environment. Participants can expect:

 100+ 3D archery targets
     3 different courses with targets from 10 yd’s to 100 yd’s
     Pop-up System with moving 3D targets
     Novelty Shots with the chance to win multiple prizes
     Vendors with the latest outdoor products
     Free Education for novice and beginners
     An Amazing Venue
     Fun for the whole family
     Great food and Fun!

This is the one archery event you do not want to miss. All participants that pre-register will get a free t-shirt, and a free entry to win a Prime or Quest bow (“The One” is not included). Please feel free to contact us any time we look forward to seeing you soon.
    Register today for a chance to win a new Bow @
    www.totalarcherychallenge.com

The Total Archery Challenge Staff
    info@totalarcherychallenge.com
    801-380-6442