You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Hunting bow???

Hybrid View

Default Hunting bow???

My question is when it comes to comp shoots do people generally use their hunting bow's or do they generally have a separate bow they use for comp shooting? I plan on getting in to comp shooting but only plan on using my hunting bow mainly because I am a budget shooter/hunter.

I think the general answer to that is yes.

Many people who have the money, will have two, or more, bows. Those who don't have the money, don't. Some choose to have only one bow. That is my category. I have been the route of having multiple bows for multiple styles but for the most part (not all mind you) a bow is a bow. The biggest difference is the paint. You can buy bow model... whatever... and you can order it in camo or a variety of colors, but in the end, it's still bow model.... whatever...

Bear in mind, all that doesn't take in to account the draw weight factors. Spotty's will shoot a fancy lower poundage bow while perhaps having a higher weight hunting bow. But, that brings us back to the $$$$$

Default Bad wording

Let me qualify my statement of "a bow is a bow". That's not to say that all bows are equal, just meant to say that a given model bow in camo is identical mechanically to the same bow in colors.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Depends what the goal is as well, if you are using as a way to help keep in practice for hunting season then certainly use the bow you will hunt with. If the competition is the end in itself then decide what class (as applicable) you want to shoot and go ahead and set up for it.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Zwicky's, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Shoot what you got and if you decide targets are it you might want to get some color and a more target type bow.
    I ve had my clock cleaned by guys that looked like they just climb out of the tree and I ve whooped on a few that looked like they just got back from Vegas. Comes down to it, it's the Indian behind the bow not the bow he's holding.
    Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth.
    -Mike Tyson-