You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Ultra Slo Motion arrow shot!!

Hi Recently did some test shooting and video at the studio of two time Emmy Award winning videographer, Alan Teitel. on Long Island , NY. The videos turned out and Alan posted them on his UltraSlo Youtube Site.
    The first is a water balloon being hit with an arrow . The second is a rotation test.
    They reveal some neat things about arrow flight.
    I hope you enjoy them

Here is the second video
    ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znqBSsukLXs
    Last edited by Turbonockguy; 05-19-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: goofed

I goofed posting the second video. lets try again

Default Re:

That's really impressive! I really like the red water balloon illustration and how it still holds its shape before gravity takes over. It's definitely cool to see the difference in speed between a Turbonock and an ordinary nock. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by andre179 View Post
    That's really impressive! I really like the red water balloon illustration and how it still holds its shape before gravity takes over. It's definitely cool to see the difference in speed between a Turbonock and an ordinary nock. Thanks for sharing!
    I just got back into traditional shooting about a year ago. I have been shooting since 1951 age 3.
    the past 12 years mostly compound because of my business. I just got tired of all the cables and pulleys etc and went back to my roots. I think that darn 5foot shot was the most difficult I have ever done.
    Two cameras staring at me and shooting that close is quite difficult for me. I did put a little cheater tape on the riser so I would not screw up the elevation on the shot.

I would love to try the turbo nocks in my Easton Axis, just don't want to spend the money and be disappointed. Might have to see if I can find some and then promote them in my tuning shop.
    Owner: Bear's Den Precision Bow Tuning

"When Good Enough, Just Isn't Good Enough!"

www.bdprecision.wix.com/bearsdenprecision

Administrator

That is some very cool video.

Quote Originally Posted by wolbear View Post
    I would love to try the turbo nocks in my Easton Axis, just don't want to spend the money and be disappointed. Might have to see if I can find some and then promote them in my tuning shop.
    I like your quote "When Good Enough, Just Isn"t Good Enough"
    here is the end of our video shoot.

Here is the Final video.
    We shot through 16 inches of gel. Just a little bit of Murphy's law . The second shot through the gel was actually the first. I had shot the bow in at home for a 10 ft shot. and did not do a test shot at the studio. Well somehow even in the bowcase the sight adjustment slipped. and we go a really revealing shot of the broadhead hitting the wall of the tube and continuing on.

I have been explaining for years that the rotation the Turbonock generates continues for some distance when you hit an animal. We even checked animals that were shot and saw the damage. but you all know how These forums are. A good many people over the years just chose not to believe the claims .

Just look at the damage!!!
    I want to thank Alan Teitel for his expertise in making what happens visible.

Returned your PM!

here is another slow motion video by a company selling nocks and vanes that use only wind resistance.
    If you observe closely you will see the vanes go through gel ,deform. and reverse arrow rotation.Is this a good thing?
    I am not nocking this product , just showing there is a difference.

Still waiting to get some to try!