You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Default Getting our Black Brothers involved

You know I have only seen 5 black fellows shootin archery. I really enjoyed those I got to now.
    We need to find some way to get em involve in the sport for someday there is gonna be a vote on these hunting privilidges and we want them on our side. So talk it up with them, just bring that into a conversation,,and let them know they are welcome. Just doing that will go a long way whether thay do or not. Now that is $10 worth there. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    You know I have only seen 5 black fellows shootin archery. I really enjoyed those I got to now.
    We need to find some way to get em involve in the sport for someday there is gonna be a vote on these hunting privilidges and we want them on our side. So talk it up with them, just bring that into a conversation,,and let them know they are welcome. Just doing that will go a long way whether thay do or not. Now that is $10 worth there. HS
    I dont even know how to respond to this......if I brought this up to some of our African American Neighbors around here they would probably pull out a nine and bust me a cap.......or my cap.....

have you guys ever been to poughkepsie or newburgh NY??? thats a rough hood.....

we have a few fellas of the "black" persausion that shoot around here and they are very good....I have always enjoyed shooting w/anyone who will have me......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I dont even know how to respond to this......if I brought this up to some of our African American Neighbors around here they would probably pull out a nine and bust me a cap.......or my cap.....

have you guys ever been to poughkepsie or newburgh NY??? thats a rough hood.....

we have a few fellas of the "black" persausion that shoot around here and they are very good....I have always enjoyed shooting w/anyone who will have me......
    Boy I will tell you they ,the powers that be sure pulled on on us when they got us divided back during the reconstruction 1865-1873 and some of these guys today that IRRATE it,Jessie Jackson and The right rev Sharpton. plus others sure amke it hard to get along. But somebodys gotta try. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Maybe we could figure out some way to get a ball on the bows. or sell em with a dew rag HS

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Maybe we could figure out some way to get a ball on the bows. or sell em with a dew rag HS
    no you didnt........

I wear one to and from the stand. Just got a scent shield one. and that is spelled Do HS

you know the sad part is if they were talking amongst there selves the way we are talking, it would be fine....but if they were to se this we would be labled as racist......its still a sad sad world....

you know Archery kinda reminds me of hokey......

:
    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    you know the sad part is if they were talking amongst there selves the way we are talking, it would be fine....but if they were to se this we would be labled as racist......its still a sad sad world....
    Yeah I thought about that but my heart is right and I would not want to offend them and hope thaey would jump in and have a laugh with us. One of my black brothers H K Eggerton has amrched across the south and gone to the defense of many a young folks and hold lectures and is everywhere with his pro souhtern agenda carryin a Confederate Battle flag. See we fought for the right to keep the polotical system small where the people, us, could have it work for real freedom from heavy handed rulership and make them accountable to the people not big intrest or $$$.. He knows what the score is and wants to unite the people agian. That is real patriotism. Ask George Washington. HS

Ummmm wow first off, i dont know quiet what to think about this, I would think if someone, regardless of race, age, gender. ext.... had an interest in archey they would be involved with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    Ummmm wow first off, i dont know quiet what to think about this, I would think if someone, regardless of race, age, gender. ext.... had an interest in archey they would be involved with it.....
    I will say without a shadow of a doubt we meant nothing bad by any of this.....

maybe this thread needs to go away.....I knew it was going to be a problem as soon as I read it.....

Default Black Men

Now that you mention it, it is kind of odd. I have never met a black man that hunts, much less shoots a bow. I wonder why that is? Is it that they have other sports of preference? I have seen alot of them fishing, but it is typically the older guys. If anyone figures out what the deal is here, please post.
    Mossy Oak Field Staff
    Hoyt AlphaMax 32 - HHA-OL5519 - Ripcord - Carbon Express Maxima Hunters - Rage 3 Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Grady View Post
    Now that you mention it, it is kind of odd. I have never met a black man that hunts, much less shoots a bow. I wonder why that is? Is it that they have other sports of preference? I have seen alot of them fishing, but it is typically the older guys. If anyone figures out what the deal is here, please post.
    i know of quite a fewand they are all accoplished at there chosen weapons....

and please I dont want anyone thinking bad of this thread....I know what his intent was and mine....and it was not bad......

Some people just dont have the intrest or passion for things, as far as archery goes, i would say that its got to be one of the most open sport to everyone, meaning, almost anyone can do it, i know 2 guys that do it in a wheel chair, and at a state shoot, their was a guy that had 1/2 his arm missing, had 1/2 fake arm with a u shaped clamp deal on it and he would hook his bow up and shoot away.... and ill say he was good too. But they have a passion and love for it, thats why they (and We) do it...

Nothing good can come of this...

I know what the intent was smokes and hats off to ya...

Default Intent?

I dont know about everyone else, but I never thought anything except honesty in his wording on th orignal post and mine as well. I have no racism in me. I have several close friends that are black and have had for some time.
    Mossy Oak Field Staff
    Hoyt AlphaMax 32 - HHA-OL5519 - Ripcord - Carbon Express Maxima Hunters - Rage 3 Blade

I work with a lot of black people and almost all of them are my friends. Most of them know that myself and others at work are involved in archery but most of them seem to have very little or no interest in it, Other than joking around. If any of them would like to try archery I would be more than happy to help them in anyway I could.

Oh no...I completely understand and agree there was nothing racist about anything here...It's just these days some subjects are TABOO...I have several African-American friends and I know a few archers as well... I just think this thread might open a door that's difficult to shut... jmho

that was my first thought also.....

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Oh no...I completely understand and agree there was nothing racist about anything here...It's just these days some subjects are TABOO...I have several African-American friends and I know a few archers as well... I just think this thread might open a door that's difficult to shut... jmho
    I am sorry to say that it could be called PC and this exactly what they want to do to us .Divide and keep us at each other. Let us live in ture peace and enjoy each others brotherhood. HS Oh by the way for those who might think of me as a racist. I keep to young black college boys and feed them while they were in my city cooping with the Eastman co, They LIVED in my home. They still call reguarly and come to vist with thier familys. Both are makeing big $$$$$$$ now 1 did'nt even have a car when he started living at our house. HS