You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Mathews No Cam HTR

The more I read the more I'm intrigued by the Mathews No Cam HTR bow. Has anyone out been able to handle and shoot the new HTR yet? Mathews has the publicity chops to really make this bow look good, and I've always been a devotee of new technology, well I guess really isn't, and of anything that's simpler and less finicky.

Shot the HTR the other day. I didn't think the draw cycle was anything revolutionary. It felt fine. I was reasonably impressed with the rather low level of hand shock after the shot. Still trying to get over the "vertical" appearance of the riser. Even more so on the TRG models. I shoot a Creed XS, Elite E35 and a Martin Alien X.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

For the price I would expect more speed - it would not interest me at all if I still shot compounds. I can't help but think it's mostly just marketing; but it seems to be working as I hear they are selling well.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Magnus Stingers, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by Don_P View Post
    Shot the HTR the other day. I didn't think the draw cycle was anything revolutionary. It felt fine. I was reasonably impressed with the rather low level of hand shock after the shot. Still trying to get over the "vertical" appearance of the riser. Even more so on the TRG models. I shoot a Creed XS, Elite E35 and a Martin Alien X.
    I had a hard time with the vertical look of the riser at first myself, but things change. I'll try the Creed today too. It's got a more traditional look and more speed. Personal preference, confidence, and comfort are paramount to me when selecting a new bow.

Marketing and hype are always part of a new products release. We'll see if people start winning competitions with the new No Cams, that will be the real test.

Decision time is over. Yesterday I ordered a Mathews NoCam HTR in Black Tactical from Schaffer Performance Archery in Burnsville, Minnesota. I was able to also try the Mathews Creed X at the same time. IMO the HTR was smoother and just felt better in the hand. I can't thank Roger and Jason at Schaffer enough for taking the time to share their expertise and experience in helping me choose this bow. Unfortunately delivery might not happen before Christmas, but this will give me more time to shop for accessories. Any suggestions for sights, arrow rests, and the like would be greatly appreciated. These guys sold me my last bow, a Mathews Switchback long ago in the early 21st century, and I was hankering for an upgrade. It's already a Merry Christmas over at my house.

He Who Drops His Bow Arm dbdcougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeeStriker View Post
    Marketing and hype are always part of a new products release. We'll see if people start winning competitions with the new No Cams, that will be the real test.
    I'm not a big believer in that either; the very best shooters will rise to the top with any quality piece of equipment. It often comes down to who is giving the most away to them It is a business when it gets to that level.
    Bear Kodiak Magnum, Easton XX75 Legacy w/Magnus Stingers, Great Northern Quiver
    Black & Pink package for the Princess: Martin Mystic, Sword Apex, Limb Driver
    FBSA emertus

Quote Originally Posted by dbdcougar View Post
    I'm not a big believer in that either; the very best shooters will rise to the top with any quality piece of equipment. It often comes down to who is giving the most away to them It is a business when it gets to that level.
    I'm not very familiar with the world of competition archery but isn't it tru that the best shooters are sponsored by the big bow manufactures and accessory companies?

Bee
    By now you would know you made the right choice. The HTR is a great bow and the NoCam is already proving itself. Martin Damsbo already has a tournament win. The center shot principle is brilliant and works perfectly. Very little to no handshock, smooth and VERY accurate so it works.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBallistic View Post
    Bee
    By now you would know you made the right choice. The HTR is a great bow and the NoCam is already proving itself. Martin Damsbo already has a tournament win. The center shot principle is brilliant and works perfectly. Very little to no handshock, smooth and VERY accurate so it works.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	27582I finally got the Hogg Father .029 single-pin sight. It's slowly coming together.

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	101 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	27589Well, I finally got the Hogg Father on the HTR. Please excuse the furniture. Kinda hard because where in the house is a good place to take a pic of your bow? I really like the solid feel of it even more now. Many people were put off by the HTR's straighter riser and shorter limbs, but when I hold it up and look through that Spot Hogg sight all my doubts go away. IMHO the HTR is a comprise between power, accuracy, and speed, with the nod going to accuracy. With a draw weight of seventy pounds what animal on North America can't you take down with it? I don't think you can hunt buffalo legally anymore anyway so I ain't worried.

Sharp looking set up should do you real well!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    NEED A STRING OR A SLING? PM OR EMAIL US @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    Check us out at bowstringdepot.com Now Open

Here is my NO Cam HTR fully setup.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	159 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	27601