You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: D-loops ?

Default D-loops ?

About how far apart should the knots be? on a D-loop
    I use it alone on the string - no brass knock.
    One above one below.
    How about those metal arrow knocks!? - that Chris showed us

Quote Originally Posted by Lefteye View Post
    About how far apart should the knots be? on a D-loop
    I use it alone on the string - no brass knock.
    One above one below.
    How about those metal arrow knocks!? - that Chris showed us
    I use a small serving knot above and below the knock then tie my loop above and below that.....seems to work well for me....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I dont use a loop any more, but when I was I did the same as you...no nock just the loop...

I dont us a nock set on mine, i pry have about 1/16 or so of movement of my nock in the loop with the bow not drawn. when i draw it their is no movement. Angle on the string changes at draw and it shortens the gap. you dont want it to tight.

yeah That sounds right - bout 1/16th slop undrawn and, Bowman I like the serving idea thanks

Hey everyone who uses a loop. What kind of loop material do you use ?
    I used a loop for about 2 years and now I just shoot off the string/serving. I had a lot of problems with loop material wearing through to the point I was changing loops every 2-3 weeks or so. No burrs on my release, perfectly smooth. When I went to shooting off the string all of my issues went away. My current string is about a year old and it's still in great shape, but had to re-serve it twice during that time.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Hey everyone who uses a loop. What kind of loop material do you use ?
    I used a loop for about 2 years and now I just shoot off the string/serving. I had a lot of problems with loop material wearing through to the point I was changing loops every 2-3 weeks or so. No burrs on my release, perfectly smooth. When I went to shooting off the string all of my issues went away. My current string is about a year old and it's still in great shape, but had to re-serve it twice during that time.

Ron
    i am sorry to tell you but if you had to change loops every 2-3 weeks....there was a burr on something.....or there was something wrong w/the loop material

I have had the same loop on my switchback for the hole life of the bow....two years and it shows absolutley NO wear....

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Default Agree with BOWMAN

I have about 1000 shots through my Alpine and my string looks worse than my D loop. You could try to rub cotton or a cotton swab around your release to look for snag point. I have polished my release dump with a Dremel and some rouge..... really smooth and purdy too.
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    i am sorry to tell you but if you had to change loops every 2-3 weeks....there was a burr on something.....or there was something wrong w/the loop material

I have had the same loop on my switchback for the hole life of the bow....two years and it shows absolutley NO wear....
    Yeah, I thought that too but I'm using the same release off my string and I don't have any issues to this day. When I did use a loop I was using this black loop rope. I was black with a white 'core'. The black outer covering would wear through pretty fast.

Ron

Talking

I read a while back some one using a soldering iron for burning the end of D-loops. I have one of those gun type with a flat blade on it so I decided to give it a try. WAY better It finished up with a flat square end. By the way if you look real close you might see that I tie on a small string {very tight} nock below the arrow nock. This helps keeps the D-loop from slipping up and helps keep it in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I also use a tied nock above and below inside the loop. Helps keep the loop wide, which seems easier to get onto with the release. I also use either bright orange or flow-green for the loop, better to see in low light come hunting time.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I also use a tied nock above and below inside the loop. Helps keep the loop wide, which seems easier to get onto with the release. I also use either bright orange or flow-green for the loop, better to see in low light come hunting time.
    thats a great idea.....I never thought of that.....