You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: hog hunter

Question hog hunter

G,day guys just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the hoyt vectrix xl as i have just ordered one and was wonderin what they are like any help would be much appreciated as we have not even seen them here in oz thanks guys
    Last edited by wildman; 01-26-2007 at 05:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Not sure about the XL but I shot the regular Vectrix and it shot great. Very little vibration,quiet,smooth draw. I think you will be very happy with the bow. Good luck and keep up updated when you get it please and remember we love pics here so show her off a little.

"HONDA"

I too have not shot the xl yet, but I have the the Vectrix. I was very happy with the way that it shot. I also ordered the xl, because I wanted the longer brace height and I think it will be a great bow for target and hunting, which is what I will be using it for. I should be getting it any day now, ordered it three weeks ago. Let's hope that we are both very happy with it!!!!!

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    G,day guys just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the hoyt vectrix xl as i have just ordered one and was wonderin what they are like any help would be much appreciated as we have not even seen them here in oz thanks guys
    the hoyt vetrix xl is a very good bow its has 80% letoff wich is smomething that hoyt just started doing in 07.... its really smooth to shoot an i think that you will enjoy it.. hope i helped..

Default vectrix xl lefty

thanks a lot for your help guys hopefully i will be happy with my new bow i am still racking my brain as to what sort of set up i want as i want to use it for hunting and 3d shoots can anyone give me any information about the spot hogg range of sights in particular the hoggernaut and the hogg it thanks again for your advice

I am a happy and proud owner of a vectrix xl. Its sweet, their not 80% let off, its 65 or 75. can adjust it by moving the set pin on the bottom cam. Trykons had 80% let off cams with a second cam option for 65. i have 1 of those too... its also sweet..... I have done some tinkering with both bows, On the vectrix, the bar with the the rubber stopper on it, i moved it in and out, it was intersting how touchy it was to the amount of noise it makes, I took a piece of typing paper and tor it into a narrow strip, put it around the string, moved the stop back so it just touches the paper, and tightend it up, its the perfict setting for quietness on my bow. Other things i did to both my trykon and vectrix xl, served the top yoke on the cable togeter, and twisted 1 side acordingly to get rid of any cam lean,(axel to axel on both side is identical) I then select the draw stop to where i wanted it, 65 or 75 let off, and twisted the cable that attaches to the bottom cable till the stop on the bottom cam and the stop on the top cam, touch the string at the same time, at full draw, then i set to desired draw weight, (61) then i twisted the sting, or un twisted it, till the bottom limb was very close on center with the 2 timing lines on the bottom cam. as you adjust the draw weight, this will change a little, its fine as long as its in between the marks though, dosent need to be dead center. Most of this is my own adjustments, cause thats the way i want it, it made a great wall, and it shoots sweet, smooth quiet. and super forgiving. Most of this pry dosent need to be done, but its the way i am.....