You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bowtech

Default bowtech

i was just on the bowtech website, turns out the new center pivot bows dont need to be put in a bowpress to release the string pressure....

lets see mathews top that!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

Blowies always have to put down mathews,.......remember your trying for last place, your not even in the same class.....go pay your royalties to dartin and shoot your 2nd rate bows.....woopidy doo you dont need a bow press......

P.S. that info has been available for as long as they have been advertiesing bows that wearnt available for months......

oh and that brings me to another point stop advertiesing bows that you wont have availble for months.......

"you"ll never beleive the new bow we are comming outwith....heres the model, all the specs and features......it will be ready in 30 years......" BOWTEC
    I cut things up and split them down!

you dont have to get that moody, it was just a little joke
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by diamond-vic. View Post
    you dont have to get that moody, it was just a little joke
    He is just pissy.

not to mention the fact that the Guardian is available. Lancaster Archery has about 5 in stock. the Commander (longer AtA) has not released yet.

And yeah it is awesome that no press is needed. This is because the limbs are not preloaded with force the way almost all other bows are
    No I'm not dead

Looks like Bowman got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

As far as the Bowtech, yes you can remove the string without a press. The center pivot design look to be great bows. The demand for them in our area has been very strong. Just wish we could get them faster.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Blowies always have to put down mathews,.......remember your trying for last place, your not even in the same class.....go pay your royalties to dartin and shoot your 2nd rate bows.....woopidy doo you dont need a bow press......

P.S. that info has been available for as long as they have been advertiesing bows that wearnt available for months......

oh and that brings me to another point stop advertiesing bows that you wont have availble for months.......

"you"ll never beleive the new bow we are comming outwith....heres the model, all the specs and features......it will be ready in 30 years......" BOWTEC
    YEAH WHAT HE SAID.

Us Darksiders have to stick together. So what does not having to press you bow actually gain you?? After your bow is all set up it is good to go until you may need new strings.....is'nt it???? Cool concept but what does it really gain you?? Besides those bows are so UGLY.

"HONDA"

Got to give them some credit though.......their definatly tryin to take it to the next level... even though, not needing a press is not enough for me to buy their stuff......

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    YEAH WHAT HE SAID.

Us Darksiders have to stick together. So what does not having to press you bow actually gain you?? After your bow is all set up it is good to go until you may need new strings.....is'nt it???? Cool concept but what does it really gain you?? Besides those bows are so UGLY.
    i dont mean to start a fight, but something tells me that if matthews came out with the limb design, you matthews boys would like it....Im not really a bowtech fan, but i think they have some good ideas...especially their binary cams....

So, how long has it been since matthews came out with anything that was really a big change? their bows have been basically the same since the dawn of time...you gotta give it to bowtech for at least coming out with new stuff...this is all IMO of course...

dont need a bow press for any bow....... all you need is a wratchet strap, put one hook on the bottom of the top cam, the other hook on the top of the bottom cam and crank away till the string and cables are loose, , then do what you need!!!! walla!!!!!! Duhhh the big red truck!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    dont need a bow press for any bow....... all you need is a wratchet strap, put one hook on the bottom of the top cam, the other hook on the top of the bottom cam and crank away till the string and cables are loose, , then do what you need!!!! walla!!!!!! Duhhh the big red truck!!!!!
    Run that by the engineers that designed the bows and watch the expressions on their faces
    L.A. Archery
    Everything else is obsolete

dodgensince74

now tell me, how do you change the cams.

It's always a great way to start the day when you have Mathews fan boys whining at 7 AM already......................
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

i hope you dont do that, thats a GREAT way to bend or warp out your cams
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

i hope you dont do that, thats a GREAT way to bend or warp out your cams
    no way.....and here i was jealous i hadnt thought of it first...

Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

You are really scarring me now. Please tell me you have not tried this.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    You are really scarring me now. Please tell me you have not tried this.
    Don't be scared....unless you're standing next to it...

no guys it works good, if you need to replace the cams, just crank it till the cables and string are loose, pop them off, then release the straps till the limbs relax, then you can take the strap hooks off the cams, limbs are totaly relaxed at this point.... then pull your cams, just make sure you have enough tight strap on the ratchet part, cause if you dont, and the straps are still under pressure when they slip though the ratchet it goes blowie and stuff flys around your living room......... this is bad..... SO YOU NEED TO BE CARFULL!!!!!!! One of the local mathews shooters was giving a Demo on this here last week.... He claims you dont need a press to work on one..... so now their up with bowtec........ Ummm i just couldnt resist!!!

i was just on the bowtech website, turns out the new center pivot bows dont need to be put in a bowpress to release the string pressure....
    lets see mathews top that!
    talks about how great his bows are and we are called fanboys?????

he singles out one company and bashes it....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    talks about how great his bows are and we are called fanboys?????

he singles out one company and bashes it....
    So does everyone else.

How did those 5 inch heels work with your Estrogen today? Did they match?
    No I'm not dead