You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default High Flying Broadheads

I just changed my rest from a Tm hunter to a Ripcord drop-away. My arrows shot in the same place with either broadheads or field tips, now my field tips shoot low and left (same distance 20-30yds) with my fixed broadheads as zero. Doesn't matter what make of broadhead (tried 2 different makes), shoot 1 broadhead it hits center, 1 field tip=low left. I checked my set up twice everything is fine.
    My question is, if this is common? What do I do to practice with durring the off seson? Should something be set differently? I like all the functions of the Ripcord, Don't want to change back.

How far low and left are they from your bheads? This is pretty commen, if they hit fairly close 2 or 3 inches, you should be able to tune them in, try moving your rest left or right, just move it a small bit one way and shoot a few arrows. see what it dose, if they group closer, you moved it the right way, if farther away, move it the other way, same with the up and down, might take some doing, but if your arrow spine is correct you should be able to get them to shoot together. i had a tuning sheet, bit i cant find it.

Welcome....

What he said...My broad heads hit high and left compared to my field tips...I haven't tuned them in (I'm lazy) I just reset my sight this bow season...but this is pretty common and can be tuned...

2-3 inches low and same left. I will try the rest tomorrow. Thanx

mine shoot close enough I don't adjust anything

Site Guru

yup its definately a minor tuning issue that you are experiencing. sounds like you just need to play with your rest a bit to get them both perfect.
    No I'm not dead

Well I tried everything with that rest yesterday. Up, Down, Left, and Right nothing worked. I paper tested it and it was fish tailing to the left at 6ft. I shot from a stand down and I could see that, especially at longer ranges. I tore 2 right vanes off, after many shots I could see a small mark on the rest,BINGO! I went back to my TM rest all is back to normal. I have ordered a APA ultimate Safari, all I really wanted was a rest to shoot like my TM and have my arrow captured so it won't fall off when I stalk. All is harmony in the universe again , WAIT! my Bow/ Gun case just came in from Strong Cases. Here comes another topic. Look for it tomorrow, I have some calls to make!!!

Just gotta love those dropaways...........................lol. J/K

"HONDA"

Ttt..........

"HONDA"