You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Frankenstein Hoyt Pro Elite with Vector Cams !!!

One of my staff shooters decided to build a Frankenstein. Get this.. It's a Pro Elite and he installed a set of the new Vector cams on it.

It took a bit of tweaking to figure out the string & cable lengths and limb deflection but it works great. He took a set of 26.5" cams off a Vectrix XL and put them on. The Pro Elite is 27.5" right now and shoot darts. He said they feel great to him. He also had to install a set of 103 limb deflection limbs to get the weight he wanted.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    One of my staff shooters decided to build a Frankenstein. Get this.. It's a Pro Elite and he installed a set of the new Vector cams on it.

It took a bit of tweaking to figure out the string & cable lengths and limb deflection but it works great. He took a set of 26.5" cams off a Vectrix XL and put them on. The Pro Elite is 27.5" right now and shoot darts. He said they feel great to him. He also had to install a set of 103 limb deflection limbs to get the weight he wanted.
    Heck if it feels great and shoots darts thats all that matters. I wonder did it quiet down any if so maybe he should inform Hoyt.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

As long as it works and I'm not standing next to him...
    No I'm not dead

I am not proud.....can you explain this for those of me(us) that dont understand.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Limb Deflection.... Limbs are based on how much them bend when a certain weight is applied. For example, a 60# limb on one bow might be a 80# limb on another bow. Each limb has a deflection number on it.

One bow at 50# peak might be an 83 deflection and 60# might be 103 deflection. It really depends on the bow brand and model. The limbs are marked where you can see the deflection number while it is mounted on the bow. You have tear the bow down and pull the limbs off to see the deflection numbers.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Limb Deflection.... Limbs are based on how much them bend when a certain weight is applied. For example, a 60# limb on one bow might be a 80# limb on another bow. Each limb has a deflection number on it.

One bow at 50# peak might be an 83 deflection and 60# might be 103 deflection. It really depends on the bow brand and model. The limbs are marked where you can see the deflection number while it is mounted on the bow. You have tear the bow down and pull the limbs off to see the deflection numbers.
    gotcha thank for the speedy reply......your a good guy no matter what ed says about you while we are fishing......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    gotcha thank for the speedy reply......your a good guy no matter what ed says about you while we are fishing......
    No, No...that was Papito that said that....

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    No, No...that was Papito that said that....
    Oh yeah sure drag him into this.

"HONDA"

dodgensince74

Yeah, what he said

I believe I saw this last night when I was shooting my score. Not bad He seemed to be comfortable with it and he was drillin. I wasnt sure what was going on, I never even looked at the cams, I just know they were doing alot of tweeking when I got there. But they seem to have it all good to go now. Hope it works out real well for him.
    Last edited by Radar; 02-03-2007 at 06:56 AM.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Glad to hear things are working out for him.

"HONDA"