You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Do you know anything about girls?

I have been thinking about this for a few days and want to know if you guys know anything about girls archery, or better yet if any girls would reply. That last couple days I have been told by a few people that 45# draw weight is a lot for a girl. I don't want to fling my arrows, I like them as fast as I can get them with little arch as possible. Since I won't be hunting for a while, my bow is for target/3d. So do any of you know or have wives or girlfriends that shoot? What do they pull?

They also say my bow is not as forgiving as most others, so this makes me better than most others, Right?

Where I came from, I only shot around guys and was always in somewhat competition with them, as much as I could be, being a girl and all.

When my wife was shooting she was pulling about 35 pounds very easy. If you can shoot 45 pounds easy I dont see a problem at all. Maybe the guys are a little jealous I know of at least 2 ladies that shoot 50 pound bows maxed out, probably around 52#s or so.

Many women that come into my shop shoot 40 or less pounds. There are a few that can handle 40-50 but not many. Usually 35-40 seems average.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Many women that come into my shop shoot 40 or less pounds. There are a few that can handle 40-50 but not many. Usually 35-40 seems average.

My wife is shooting around 38 lbs. She hasn't been shooting much, but I'm sure she would be able to get in the 40s easily with more time spent shooting.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by tek View Post
    When my wife was shooting she was pulling about 35 pounds very easy. If you can shoot 45 pounds easy I dont see a problem at all. Maybe the guys are a little jealous I know of at least 2 ladies that shoot 50 pound bows maxed out, probably around 52#s or so.
    I shot for about an hour and a half before I got too tired, but this was my first time in 4 years. I like a little toughness and want to build some strength too. What is considered easy? Can anyone describe how easy or hard it should be, or is it just up to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I shot for about an hour and a half before I got too tired, but this was my first time in 4 years. I like a little toughness and want to build some strength too. What is considered easy? Can anyone describe how easy or hard it should be, or is it just up to me?
    Most women around here shoot 40-45. A good test is to sit in a chair make sure you have an arrow nocked lift feet off floor and point arrow horizontally to floor and slowly and smoothly draw bow back if you have to jerk or struggle then you are probably overbowed and should back it down a little and build yourself up.

"HONDA"

thanks, I will try that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSXS4cRFFI

I think you should watch this video. Try some of this girls techniques. This will definitely tell you if your draw weight is too much....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

My wife shoots 38 pounds on her Browning Micro Adreneline.
    She can get through around 50 shots before she feels it but she has only been shooting less than a year.
    New Breed Archery-Genetix 28.5"/ 60lbs & 365gr. = 285 FPS
    New Breed Archery- Eclipse 65/28.5" & 370gr. = 291 FPS
    Bowtech- 82nd Airborne 28.5"/ 60lbs. & 325gr. = 327 FPS
    Strother Archery- SR-71 28.5"/65lbs. & 370gr. = 303 FPS

ohhhh i saw this and thought we were going to learn something new about girls........

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLSXS4cRFFI

I think you should watch this video. Try some of this girls techniques. This will definitely tell you if your draw weight is too much....
    please wheels3 if you can do this we will NEED pics........

also if you are shooting an hour and a half......how many arrows is that????
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    please wheels3 if you can do this we will NEED pics........

also if you are shooting an hour and a half......how many arrows is that????
    Pics?, you just saw the video. I tought her everything she knows

I will count my arrows next thursday night. I think I will even keep score.

I think that girl was using an a$$ tension release.....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    I think that girl was using an a$$ tension release.....
    that is hillarios........

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    ohhhh i saw this and thought we were going to learn something new about girls........
    Me to

Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Well I have been since mid July and now I am shooting consistanly at 48 pounds. I can pull up to 56 but I just dont see the need for it with indoor archery. I can shoot 48 pounds for about three or four hours of straight shooting before I get too tired.. Since I cant shoot everyday now like I had been for so long, I have been shooting a couple days a weeks for three or four hours instead..

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Glad to hear from another girl, I started to think you had all left.

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    A good test is to sit in a chair make sure you have an arrow nocked lift feet off floor and point arrow horizontally to floor and slowly and smoothly draw bow back if you have to jerk or struggle then you are probably overbowed and should back it down a little and build yourself up.
    I tried this...it was a little bit tougher but I did it smoothly with no jerking or struggling.

also if you are shooting an hour and a half...how many arrows is that?
    I went out to the range yesterday and shot for 1.5 hours and shot about +-80 arrows. I could have gone a little more, but didn't want to over due it since it is only my 3 time shooting.

I am sure that 45# is a little high, but I like how my bow shoots at this weight and it won't take too long to build my strength up. Thanks for all your input, it really did help.

I tried this...it was a little bit tougher but I did it smoothly with no jerking or struggling.

I went out to the range yesterday and shot for 1.5 hours and shot about +-80 arrows. I could have gone a little more, but didn't want to over due it since it is only my 3 time shooting.

I am sure that 45# is a little high, but I like how my bow shoots at this weight and it won't take too long to build my strength up. Thanks for all your input, it really did help.

your happy and thats all that matters.....glad to have you here.....

Cool glad you are having fun with it just remember do not overdue it and hurt yourself or burn yourself out on it. Keep it relaxing and enjoyable. Then on those days when things just are not going right for you just stop and wait a couple of days we all have our ups and downs you do not want to continue shooting when you are having a bad day.

"HONDA"

I heard some good things about the Bowtech Equalizer. It's supposed to give great speeds for shorter and lighter draws. Anyone out there shoot one?