You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My wife is shooting 49#'s and typically shoots 2 to 3 hours at a time. She can pull more but why. She is very comfortable at that weight. She is shooting a 35 inch CSS Encore. Most of the women around here shoot45 to 50 pounds.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Default Girl Bows

Ya might look at the Mathews Prestige. It's rated pretty fast at 29 " ,around 320. Might be the speed you're looking for without fighting or being overbowed. There are others in the same catagory
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a few days and want to know if you guys know anything about girls archery, or better yet if any girls would reply. That last couple days I have been told by a few people that 45# draw weight is a lot for a girl. I don't want to fling my arrows, I like them as fast as I can get them with little arch as possible. Since I won't be hunting for a while, my bow is for target/3d. So do any of you know or have wives or girlfriends that shoot? What do they pull?

They also say my bow is not as forgiving as most others, so this makes me better than most others, Right?

Where I came from, I only shot around guys and was always in somewhat competition with them, as much as I could be, being a girl and all.
    In Reguards to tthe title>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am 55 and still ain't gottem figured out yet. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a few days and want to know if you guys know anything about girls archery, or better yet if any girls would reply. That last couple days I have been told by a few people that 45# draw weight is a lot for a girl. I don't want to fling my arrows, I like them as fast as I can get them with little arch as possible. Since I won't be hunting for a while, my bow is for target/3d. So do any of you know or have wives or girlfriends that shoot? What do they pull?

They also say my bow is not as forgiving as most others, so this makes me better than most others, Right?

Where I came from, I only shot around guys and was always in somewhat competition with them, as much as I could be, being a girl and all.
    my wife is shooting a ROSS CR334 at 55# My friend wife that shoots with us shoots 50#, she had a little trouble first shoot of the year due to not shooting over hunting season, I know alot of the women I see shoot 40-50# with a few that shoot in the 50-60# range but the average I would say is about 45# so no I would say 45# isnt alot but if its hard for you drop your poundage, if you shoot ASA speed limit is 260fps. Depending on what your bow is, I will say I would think you would gain an easier pull if you went to a ross, but that is another question. I think since most 3d shoots around here womens stakes are set within 30 yards 45# is plenty and I have seen women shoot 38# and do really well

so all in all shoot what you are comfortable with