You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Arizona EZ Flatch

Anybody have experince with these? Looks simple enough. That would be FLETCH not fletch
    Last edited by Heavyhaul; 02-04-2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo

I give, typing and proof reading is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhaul View Post
    Anybody have experince with these? Looks simple enough. That would be FLETCH not fletch
    I've never used one but I know a few guys that swear by them...They are real simple to use...

they work well for guys on a budget....they just dont offer as many options and/or adjustability as a Bitz......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    they work well for guys on a budget....they just dont offer as many options and/or adjustability as a Bitz......
    Agreed...If you can afford it a Bitzenberger is the way to go...

I have 2 of them. One for my fat boys and one for my bemans. I love it.

Site Guru

I would say if you are serious about getting into fletching your own arrows then look very heavily into a Bitzenburger. Its all metal construction, works amazingly well and will last forever.

The bitzenburger I have now is one my uncle used to use when he owned an archery shop back in the early 80's.

This thing has probably fletched 1000's of arrows and shows no issues at all. Plus with it being metal its easy to scrape off excess glue

oh as for glue - Use GOATTUFF. It works extremly well for inserts as well. Stay away from Bohning glues
    No I'm not dead

I had an Arizona jig and it worked very well but it has no adjustability as far as offset. I had to go with a Bitzenberger when I switched to Easton Axis arrows because the diameter was so small. I had the Aluminum version of the Arizona, the carbon version may have worked with the Axis arrows.

Yes, I agree with Dredly, Goattuff glus is great. The Bohning glues are a waste of cash.

Ron

I agree with what everyone has said. I have one and love it. However, I would only recomend it if you are planning on doing all your arrows the same way. I have a left helical on all my arrows so it works perfect for me. Be careful not to use too much glue and make sure you wipe off any extra glue right away with a solvent. I let a friend of mine borrow it and I swear it looked like he used a bottle of glue and just dumped it all over the ez fletcher. As long as you keep the arms clean it is very simple to use. Oh yeah, I have found it very difficult to fletch the really small fletchings with it. Overall, bitzenberger gives you more options and costs more but ez fletcher is very easy to use and a little less expensive.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor