You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: is this normal?

Default is this normal?

I have to know, is this normal or am I being treated poorly? Sure feels like the latter.
    So as many of you know from a previous thread I requested some shorter arrows be cut with the specification that they be 1" over the rest. They were cut to short (insert sitting on the rest at full draw) and they replaced the arrows with gold tip hunters. Well after cutting them the first two inserts would not seat fully. The pro shop owner complained that gold tips had tolerance issues and he hated them (wish I would have known that before hand) He then proceeded to put 10 insterts in fine, give up on the 11th leaving a space as thick as my thumb nail between insert and shaft (about 3mms), and put a completely different target insert in the 12th. This was bad enough, my GF then had ordered 12 arrows black and white striped Nug. arrows. She wanted 1 white striped blazer vain, and two pink striped vains and pink and black striped wraps. The individual didn't want to look for the black and white striped vains so used pure white, couldn't get the vains to stick to the wraps and cut out large parts, and when we looked at the arrows slight thumb pressure seperated from the shaft. Idk this is a very frustrating introduction to archery. I was hoping to have a hard RH helical put on but I'm scared it'll be done wrong. So..am I crazy or is this not normal?

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

I would demand my money back and find me another shop or order from a reputibale frim. This is nonsense. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

It's not right...He obviously doesn't want your business

I'd at least ask if there is anyone else working in that shop that could help you. Wait for a day when this guy is not there.
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

Quote Originally Posted by goldflinger View Post
    I'd at least ask if there is anyone else working in that shop that could help you. Wait for a day when this guy is not there.
    unfortunatly if the pro shop owner did this he will probably always be working

are they so busy that they cant take a little time to get it right this time of year....
    I cut things up and split them down!

it doesnt matter if they have a line of customer's surrounding the block,they should give each person the same treament and time and good workmenship period!!!! if i was you i would ask for my money back and tell that owner that word of mouth spreads far and wide and it wont be good for his business and he will loose customers.he wont like that and he might make it up to you and if he don't let the xplisits fly.sorry for your bad luck if you came in to my shop i would treat you right and you would'nt leave untill you get it your way,and done right!!!

Not that buisy usualy. I was the only person there today and my GF. I also got a hastle when I asked to have my arrows cut. More hastle when I wanted to chrony my bow. And was told to paper tune my bow before I got my arrows cut. None of this makes sense to me. It's also both people working there not just the owner. It seemed odd to have my arrows hanging over my rest by 4". I know you can but I figured an inch or so was ok, maybe pick up some speed. I got alot of flak about this makeing my arrow to stiff and being unable to tune. Then the dorked it up. Idk, I'm just frustrated with all this right now. It's not buisy, but I didn't buy 600 dollar bows either I wonder if that's part of it?

I have bought GTs and never had any trouble with the inserts, maybe he grabbed the wrong ones.

I ordered 2 dozen GT XT hunters 5575 there was 1 my proshop guy did not like said the carbon was not perfectly alligned and he only noticed after the he had put the wraps on and vanes on, he called and they refunded him the price of the arrow and wraps/vanes and offered to send a replacement if I wanted the full 2 dozen... though I couldn't get 1 wrap so I took the one less arrow and my total was reduced to reflect this..... I know 1 bad arrow out of the 5 dozen I have bought and all the ones he has had come through it is 1 bad arrow that made it through..... I feel that if it was GoldTips fault they would make it right, now if the guy at your proshop is a moron and it sounds like he is, I mean I can get any vane I want and he will special order them and he even orders xtras so if I need to get one fixed or since he knows I will buy more from him.... that is called customer service and seems like if they want your your buisness they aim to please....

Site Guru

This guy is a moron. Leave and go somewhere else...

My guess would be that he was to slow in putting the insert in and the glue dried before it was fully seated. That insert is going to pull out quickly and your going to have to get it redone

Sounds like he is using some Bohning glue on those blazers... You need to use something like superglue or GoatTuff (my suggestion).

I would never do business with that location again. Find somone else. If you need to buy your own fletching jig and do your own arrows then so be it.
    No I'm not dead

Man I am so sorry to hear this stuff happening to you. Unfortunately there are people who think they can take advantage of people new to the sport. I really hope you can find another shop close enough to go to. Then if I were you I would give this guy the shaft(pun intended). Again sorry to hear this for you and your GF. Find a good shop and trust me you will both be addicted to this sport very quickly. I hope this does not drive you two away from archery. Good luck and I hope you start having FUN with archery.

"HONDA"

Find another shop.
    Shops like those are one reason people get turned off on the sport.
    Support the ones that do right by the customers.
    Darwin's theory will take care of the rest of them.

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Find another shop.
    Shops like those are one reason people get turned off on the sport.
    Support the ones that do right by the customers.
    Darwin's theory will take care of the rest of them.

Ron
    Very good point.

Keep in mind... the only thing required to open a "Pro Shop" is money!
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Very good point.

Keep in mind... the only thing required to open a "Pro Shop" is money!
    Yes, unfortunately you're right.

Ron

I bought a dozen Gold Tip Hunter shafts cause of all the good things said about them here on this sight. Wanted to move up a bit in the quality of arrow I shoot. Six inserts went in fine,two were very loose and four wouldnt seat all the way in. One stuck out about an 1/8th of an inch and would not go in any farther. I took them back to Cabelas and bought my usual Stalker Extremes.

I have never had a problem with my gold tips as far as putting in the inserts. Sometimes the nocks have a little tab at the end of them that makes them hard to put in but I have found that just a tiny bit of sanding with fine sandpaper takes care of it. I am sorry to hear about the problems with your pro shop. It is very nice to have a pro shop that you can trust. I am very fortunate to live within an hour of Chris. I have never been dissatisfied with his work. I have been to other shops around my area and they always try to sell me something I don't want, they are very subjective to opinions they have, and you can never trust their workmanship. Chris has never pushed a sale on me and is always objective about any questions that I have asked him. I'm not trying to brown nose, but I am speeking the truth, and I am very lucky to have him in my area. You can usually tell a quality pro shop by whether they are busy or not anytime you walk in there.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor