You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Old PSE bows

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Default Old PSE bows

How long ago did PSE start making bows? DO yopu remember any of the names. Seems Like the 1st compound bow I bought new was a PSE in 75-76.Thanks HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Pete Shepley started making compound bows back in 1970 in the barn behind his house...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Pete Shepley started making compound bows back in 1970 in the barn behind his house...
    started mass producing......(4-5) bows a year.... in 75......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Phaser 2

My first compound bow was a PSE. Bought new in 82 or 83.
    Where would America be without the "gun totting redneck"?

I still have a mach 4 that I bought back in the early 80's kicking around somewhere.

Default bow identification

hey, i'm 17, just started getting into bow hunting, and i'm using my dads bow from about 20 years ago, and he got it used. but its been painted on so i don't know what model it is, i'm just curious if anyone might be able to help me?..... i do know that it's a PSE and that its a 55-60 poundage, and the cams are mounted in brackets that are attached to the bow, not directly to the bow like pretty much all other bows?

thnx, young-gun

have a photo? I have a old PSE Phaser II and it still shoots great.

Old PSE bows - General Archery Forum

Quote Originally Posted by young-gun View Post
    hey, i'm 17, just started getting into bow hunting, and i'm using my dads bow from about 20 years ago, and he got it used. but its been painted on so i don't know what model it is, i'm just curious if anyone might be able to help me?..... i do know that it's a PSE and that its a 55-60 poundage, and the cams are mounted in brackets that are attached to the bow, not directly to the bow like pretty much all other bows?

thnx, young-gun
    Might help if you post a pic....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I bought my first bow in '83. It was a PSE Nova. I don't know what the let off was, but you had to use fingers to draw it. And it was a booger to draw too. It had real eccentric cams also. Kinda like a triangle. Once you released it it was gone REAL FAST TOO. I got used to shooting it without sights at all. I blasted my first deer with it. Complete pass through!
    I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    How long ago did PSE start making bows? DO yopu remember any of the names. Seems Like the 1st compound bow I bought new was a PSE in 75-76.Thanks HS
    Some of the early PSE's I remember from the 70's were:
    Citation - This was a 4 wheeler, then I think they later made a 2 wheel version.
    Laser Mag - Very popular target bow in it's day. I think they also made one called Laser Flite.

From the early 80's there was the Nova, Scamp, and the first of the Mach series around that time. From there came the Mach 2 and 4 (don't remember a Mach 3), the Fire Flites, and a few others I can't recall the names of.

Early 90's they started with the machined risers Mach 5 and 6, and also picked up the Carroll line (Intruder, Dominator and Marauder). Then they had the machined riser Infinity series. From there they continued with the Mach series and various other machined riser bows. I remember a carbon riser bow from the early 90's that never took off, and a machined riser from the late 90's/early 2000's that was a complete shoot through riser and cable system that could be shot right or left handed.

A lot of neat stuff from Pete over the years.
    Don't worry what people think... They don't do it often.

Default If I remember right

didn't PSE make a two wheeler with limb brackets called "Pacer"?

Default Pacer

Yep,
    That was one of the first ones. I had a Citation that used turnbuckles to adjust the draw length/timing.
    I had a Presidential Citation that I turned into a 2 wheeler and shot the NFAA Outdoor Nationals in Detroit Lakes MN.
    George Chapman spent quite a bit of time looking over my creation.

I still have one of the old citations serial #either 194 or 198.
    I bought it new from Rube Powell's Archery in Chula Vista Ca.
    Pete had sent it to Rube to try, Rube shot high wrist and he didn't care for it. he liked his Jennings better.
    I paid a little over $200.00 for it in Sept. of 1973, the first Citations didn't have the bracket that the turn buckle mounted to, the turn buckles mounted directly to the risers.
    I don't remember the weights or the length, but I used it for target and hunting.
    At one time I even swapped my wife's Jennings target compound limbs over to the PSE for shooting indoors.
    Let off on it was about 20%

Talking A little known fact !

I almost brought one of those G-force bows ( remember them ) , then came the baby G .

My dad said he use to sweep the floors and clean up the shop for Pete outside of Mahomet Illinois. I think this was the early 70's

First PSE was a Firefox and that baby hammered in the mid 80's!!!Took more boars with that baby than anyone else in the district.

Default Old PSE year???

I have this old PSE from my grandfather. The only markings on it are PSE sticker on the limbs and a PSE VIPER sticker with draw length (30") and weight (60#). I haven't been able to get any answers on the year it was made from anyone. It sure seems like an original. No adjustment on limbs. The cams are really just wheels. I've put newer rests and sights on it and is fun to shoot. Would really like to know more about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7297.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	26980 - t3h 3d shoots  

I had a Proficiency,