You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: A Hoot

  1. #1
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,713

    Default A Hoot

    Hey this is a real hoot, HS


    >>
    >>> SPORTSMANLIKE GESTURE
    >>>
    >>> Two deer hunters were standing on a ridge near a highway in rural
    >>> Minnesota on the opening day of deer season. They both saw a
    >>> trophy-class buck meandering towards them. As the one hunter raised
    >>> his gun to shoot, a funeral procession came slowly by.
    >>> The hunter lowered his gun, took off his hat, and stood with his head
    >>> bowed until the procession was past. Of course by then, the deer was
    >>> long gone.
    >>> The other hunter exclaimed "Wow! That was the most sportsmanlike act
    >>> I've ever seen! You allowed this trophy buck to escape while showing
    >>> such compassion and kindness toward someone's dearly departed. You are
    >>
    >>> a great humanitarian and a shining example to sportsmen throughout the
    >>
    >>> world!"
    >>> The first hunter nodded and said; "Well, we were married for 42
    >>> years".



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey this is a real hoot, HS


    >>
    >>> SPORTSMANLIKE GESTURE
    >>>
    >>> Two deer hunters were standing on a ridge near a highway in rural
    >>> Minnesota on the opening day of deer season. They both saw a
    >>> trophy-class buck meandering towards them. As the one hunter raised
    >>> his gun to shoot, a funeral procession came slowly by.
    >>> The hunter lowered his gun, took off his hat, and stood with his head
    >>> bowed until the procession was past. Of course by then, the deer was
    >>> long gone.
    >>> The other hunter exclaimed "Wow! That was the most sportsmanlike act
    >>> I've ever seen! You allowed this trophy buck to escape while showing
    >>> such compassion and kindness toward someone's dearly departed. You are
    >>
    >>> a great humanitarian and a shining example to sportsmen throughout the
    >>
    >>> world!"
    >>> The first hunter nodded and said; "Well, we were married for 42
    >>> years".

    this belongs in the hunting section.....oh wait it is about gun hunting so it belongs in off topic.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    this belongs in the hunting section.....oh wait it is about gun hunting so it belongs in off topic.....
    I really did look for a good section and I must have not seen where it went. So I just plugged it in here. Maybe just maybe it will get somebodys goat> HS



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  4. #4
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    I really did look for a good section and I must have not seen where it went. So I just plugged it in here. Maybe just maybe it will get somebodys goat> HS
    but what if dredly only has sheep???
    I cut things up and split them down!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Well maybe I could do some real hard preaching about how the goats always have a much better time enjoying the risque things of this life and get them converted. Wow what a preacher I would be, Just like Uncle Ben, He converted rice ya know. HS



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  6. #6
    YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    900

    Default Doh!

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    but what if dredly only has sheep???
    You are so "BAAAAAAAD"
    _____________________________________________
    FBSA Member.... Livin' Large!
    '06 Mathews Apex 7
    '06 Mathews Apex 7
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson


    Eph. 2:8-10

  7. #7
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    That's a good one Smokes...


  8. #8
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,892

    Default

    HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED
    Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
    I cut things up and split them down!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED
    Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
    I love it, love it, love it.
    Now that'll preach. HS



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  10. #10
    Evil Genius brokenarrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson Valley NY
    Posts
    5,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED
    Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
    Classic...Have to try that one...


  11. #11
    Bisquit....... BowhuntnHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hoosierville
    Posts
    13,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Hey this is a real hoot, HS


    >>
    >>> SPORTSMANLIKE GESTURE
    >>>
    >>> Two deer hunters were standing on a ridge near a highway in rural
    >>> Minnesota on the opening day of deer season. They both saw a
    >>> trophy-class buck meandering towards them. As the one hunter raised
    >>> his gun to shoot, a funeral procession came slowly by.
    >>> The hunter lowered his gun, took off his hat, and stood with his head
    >>> bowed until the procession was past. Of course by then, the deer was
    >>> long gone.
    >>> The other hunter exclaimed "Wow! That was the most sportsmanlike act
    >>> I've ever seen! You allowed this trophy buck to escape while showing
    >>> such compassion and kindness toward someone's dearly departed. You are
    >>
    >>> a great humanitarian and a shining example to sportsmen throughout the
    >>
    >>> world!"
    >>> The first hunter nodded and said; "Well, we were married for 42
    >>> years".
    I heard this one couple of years ago but the funeral procession was driving by a golf course.

    Bowman you are not going to get the favorite nephew award.


    "HONDA"

  12. #12
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Classic...Have to try that one...
    Why are you aunts bothering you agian? Hs



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Similar Threads

  1. My first 3D shoot ........what a hoot!
    By Bozwell in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •