You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: ross 331

Default ross 331

Honest opinion. Is there a segnificant real world difference between a ross 331, a mathews drenaline, and a martin orion. Are these just flavors with mild speed differences or is there a real honest difference in capability, accuracy, smoothness of draw, etc?

Site Guru

Don't ditch the orion - get it working!
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post

I second that emotion. Good Bow . All have a good company behind them all have good plus for them. Personal prefferences lke chevy, ford, dodge.. Do you know why they write all that advertizing hype..... to get you $$$.. Go Fish. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Agreed...accuracy is is in consistant form and practice...not in any specific model...

Very good information here these guys sometimes know what they are talking about.

You really need to talk to Martin or your proshop and get your Orion lined out. Some bows are smoother some are faster some prettier but if the bow does not fit you then you will not be accurate with it. Good luck and remember to have fun.

"HONDA"

The bow fits me well, it's just frustrating to shoot a better group with another guys bow, and have him shooting 80fps faster. Practice, got it.

I aggree with the others. Learn all you can about the bow you have. How to tune it, what happens when you change something, etc. Learning how to shoot yourself and how all the pieces of the puzzle fit including DL, arrow spine, point weight, fletching, cam orientation, timing, etc, etc. Better to stay with one bow for a while, for if you constantly change how do you know if it's the bow or you. When I was a teen my older brother took up guitar. For a few years it seemed he had a different one every month. One of his mentors suggested he learn how to play guitar and not let the guitar play him. When you truly believe you've got it all down, then a different bow might make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I aggree with the others. Learn all you can about the bow you have. How to tune it, what happens when you change something, etc. Learning how to shoot yourself and how all the pieces of the puzzle fit including DL, arrow spine, point weight, fletching, cam orientation, timing, etc, etc. Better to stay with one bow for a while, for if you constantly change how do you know if it's the bow or you. When I was a teen my older brother took up guitar. For a few years it seemed he had a different one every month. One of his mentors suggested he learn how to play guitar and not let the guitar play him. When you truly believe you've got it all down, then a different bow might make a difference.

I think you need to work on tuning that thing......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by n2t View Post
    The bow fits me well, it's just frustrating to shoot a better group with another guys bow, and have him shooting 80fps faster. Practice, got it.
    you do realize that a bow being out of time as badly as yours sounds like it is will directly affect all aspects, including the speed.

The Orion has an IBO of between 295 and 300 FPS. Thats not to shabby the CR331 has an IBO of 305. The drenalin is a bit faster at 320... however it is also over 700.00

Your bow is fine, just get it tuned! if you don't have faith in your local shop call Martin and see if they will help you out OR send it to a guy that will do some good work on it (oh I dunno like maybe Chris on here?)
    No I'm not dead