You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Senior Member rdnkgrl_robinhood's Avatar

Default Working on a 300

Well fellas, I just got a new sight and scope today.. I got a Sureloc Challenger and Viper Scope. Let me tell ya, these two make a great combination!
    After taking some time to get it all sighted in I decided to shoot to score, I shot a 298 with 31 X's.. Somewhere in the middle of my second half I dropped one in the blue, then on my very last arrow I dropped it into the blue and nearly out of score range.. (it was on the line of 4 and 0 mostly in the blue)

Well although a perfect 300 may still illude me, I have to say......

I LOVE THIS SPORT!!!

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Site Guru

cool ain't it!
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Bout time we are hearing form the Lady's . I was just thinking today...where are they> I was ahope in that some of the boyish talk in front of you girls had'nt run you off. I know that some of it I would'nt want my wife to read,and a gentelmen has to endure. On My Keep on shooting for the 300 will come. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

check out these pics

This is the new sight
    Working on a 300 - General Archery Forum
    This is the scope

And this is the results.. (keep in mind I had a few practice rounds on this target while I was sighting in)

My X count leaves a lot to be desired, but I am getting there

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Your on your way now. The 300 will come. I know its nerve racking until you get it. Once you get there, the 300 will come easier. It's always the first one that is the hardest.

Congrats on your 298. I always evaluate the patterns of my target after I am done. I noticed a couple things from your target. You have a bunch of shots that are just a touch low. Put a click or two lower on your sureloc.
    The second thing is notice how nice the upper left target is. I assume this is your first shot. Take more time between shots to rest more. This may help tighted the groups on the other targets.
    Last edited by Chris; 02-15-2007 at 08:53 AM.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Wow nice i just got sure-loc supreme and a viper 4x scope but i put a black dot in instead of fiber optics. I am still working on getting use to 80% let-off with my new switchback XT and all the other stuff like the scope and i am in michigan and im from north dakota so i dont have my release with me
    Last edited by Alex; 02-15-2007 at 10:18 AM.

Sweet setup there grl

Nice shooting also keep it up and that 300 will come.

So you still shooting at Gander???

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I noticed a couple things from your target. You have a bunch of shots that are just a touch low. Put a click or two lower on your sureloc.
    The second thing is notice how nice the upper left target is. I assume this is your first shot. Take more time between shots to rest more. This may help tighted the groups on the other targets.

I usually shoot center, upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right. Having said that, I have to say I always find it more difficult to shoot the upper right than any other spot. Not sure why..
    I shot again today, and shot 295 with 28 X's. I dropped two in the upper right and two in the lower right.. Guess thats my problem side.. I will have to work on that.
    But I think you're right, I dont take enough time between shots.. I think I will try to take my time shooting and see how I do next time.

Thanks,
    rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote Originally Posted by rdnkgrl_robinhood View Post
    I usually shoot center, upper left, lower left, upper right, lower right. Having said that, I have to say I always find it more difficult to shoot the upper right than any other spot. Not sure why..
    I shot again today, and shot 295 with 28 X's. I dropped two in the upper right and two in the lower right.. Guess thats my problem side.. I will have to work on that.
    But I think you're right, I dont take enough time between shots.. I think I will try to take my time shooting and see how I do next time.

Thanks,
    rdnkgrl_robinhood

I love the game of five spot and it loves me....i had the same problem shooting the right side targets.....till made sure I was inline w/the target

also something I started doing was turning the target so now I shoot 1-3-1

5 5 5

kinda like this if it makes any sence know I only have one on the right side.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Sweet setup there grl

Nice shooting also keep it up and that 300 will come.

So you still shooting at Gander???
    I shoot there about two or three times a weeks. Thats about all my schedule will allow me to shoot anymore.. But every chance I get, I am there.. I have also been driving out to Casey Illinois, they have a great range out there. I think it is 13 lanes, and very well lit..If it were closer I would shoot there everyday..

rdnkgrl_robinhood

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post

5 5 5

kinda like this if it makes any sence know I only have one on the right side.....
    Well yes it makes sense.. I have done that a time or two also.. but I cant shoot at Gander like that because their target sux.. Maybe when the new targets come in I will have better luck with that.. Can you shoot a league with the target turned like that? Just currious.

rdnkgrl_robinhood

why not they cant tell you how your paper has to be on the target....I shoot in 2 different leagues and shoot both that way.....

why not they cant tell you how your paper has to be on the target....I shoot in 2 different leagues and shoot both that way.....
    Well I have only ever shot one league before.. and I really dont have any idea what the rules are.. But I tell ya, I know I shoot better with the target like that..

Great shootin'. I can't wait till I get scores like that. Few more adjustments and a little more practice. My score last week was 224/250, but I also learned that I scored a few of them wrong (so my score would have been a little higher )

Won't be long before you get the 300
    What is Gander?
    Last edited by Wheely; 02-16-2007 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Great shootin'. I can't wait till I get scores like that. Few more adjustments and a little more practice. My score last week was 224/250, but I also learned that I scored a few of them wrong (so my score would have been a little higher )

Won't be long before you get the 300
    What is Gander?
    gander=gander mountain.....(big guy voice)"the outdoor super store"

gander=gander mountain.....(big guy voice)"the outdoor super store"
    The WHAT???????

"HONDA"

Nice shootin' there rdnkgrl_robinhood. You did some fine shootin' there. I'm sure you will get your 300 game in no time. Just keep shootin' and focus on the "X" and the 300 will come. I hope to see ya again over at Country Archery in Casey, Illinois again soon. We'll shoot again and maybe you'll get that 300 score.

Well I am still bouncing around the 290's. I shot a 296 and a 294 this week with X counts in the 30's.. I am getting there.. I am working on taking my time, and slowing down my shots so that I dont just fling one right after the other.. But a little more practice and a little more fine tuning should do it.