You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What am I doing wrong??

I bought my first bow in September and have been working out the bugs in my shooting. I have finally gotten to a point where my grip seems pretty steady and my shots have gotten more consistent but something is rubbing my left thumb at the bottom knuckle. After a hand full of shots it starts to get real sore. I have started wearing a pair of thin gloves and it dosen't bother me, but I would like to fix the problem. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on what to do?? Have any of you had the same problem??

Are youo shooting a Single cam bow? Sounds like the bottom limb is kicking up after the shoot. Tiller tune your bow and do you have enough stabilizer weight.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon13 View Post
    I bought my first bow in September and have been working out the bugs in my shooting. I have finally gotten to a point where my grip seems pretty steady and my shots have gotten more consistent but something is rubbing my left thumb at the bottom knuckle. After a hand full of shots it starts to get real sore. I have started wearing a pair of thin gloves and it dosen't bother me, but I would like to fix the problem. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on what to do?? Have any of you had the same problem??
    sounds like it could be your release, an STS, your wrist strap, the grip itself...

post up some pics and we can tell more. I'm kind of surprised you can't tell just by drawing and feeling and then looking...
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

What kind of bow is it? I know that I had to work me out a place in my riser for just this thing on my Martin Firecats. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

It's a Fred Bear Quest. 28" 70#. I use a Tru-Fire Patriot release without a loop. I bought what I could afford at the time. Maybe one of these days I can upgrade, but I do like what I have.

The archery bug has sunk it's teeth in me now. I bought this in Septamber and my neighbor already has me going to my first 3D shoot next weekend. He's trying to get me off the softball field but I swear, softball is cheaper.

I think anything would be cheaper......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Pictures may just help. But could it be string slap????

"HONDA"

do you shoot high wrist or low wrist.....could it be the riser rubbing your thumb.....

is it on the out side or the inside of the hand......is it your draw hand or your bow hand.....

I'll see if I can get some pics. It is on my bowhand right on top of the bottom thumb knuckle. I appreciate all the willingness to help. It is nice to be part of a forum community where people actually act like they care. Most of the other boards I am a member of people are quick to call you names and treat you as though you are stupid. Thanks alot guys.

Matt

I'll see if I can get some pics. It is on my bowhand right on top of the bottom thumb knuckle. I appreciate all the willingness to help. It is nice to be part of a forum community where people actually act like they care. Most of the other boards I am a member of people are quick to call you names and treat you as though you are stupid. Thanks alot guys.

Matt
    Is it on the back of your knuckle as you are shooting??

No problem buddy we are always willing to help anyone out. We try to treat everyone like a good friend here. The other boards you are talking about usually have some good guys also that try to help you out its just all the crap you have to wade through to get the help. We love the tight ship Chris keeps here.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Is it on the back of your knuckle as you are shooting??

No problem buddy we are always willing to help anyone out. We try to treat everyone like a good friend here. The other boards you are talking about usually have some good guys also that try to help you out its just all the crap you have to wade through to get the help. We love the tight ship Chris keeps here.
    and Jbutler.......

Site Guru

I think I've figured it out! You're holding the bow with the wrong hand!!! if you shot lefty then your right thumb would be fine!

There must be some rubbing going on. just draw and look at the spot that is being rubbed raw and what it is touching and you'll see the issue
    No I'm not dead

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Most of the other boards I am a member of people are quick to call you names and treat you as though you are stupid.
    Matt
    I've gotten some good info from other sites..... but you do have to check yer six, never post anything that might remotely be construed as an opinion, worse yet if it opposses one of the chosen few.
    Spoon, archery isn't cheap, but I think with most of the people you'll meet in here, it's worth it. Even that BOWMAN guy has something to offer every once in a while....
    You'll have a great time in the shoot. In my first one my goal was to not lose more than 3 arrows. I didn't lose any. Woohooo! Let us know how you did and more importantly, how much fun you had!
    Good Luck!!!

two_shoes
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

Quote Originally Posted by two_shoes View Post
    I've gotten some good info from other sites..... but you do have to check yer six, never post anything that might remotely be construed as an opinion, worse yet if it opposses one of the chosen few.
    Spoon, archery isn't cheap, but I think with most of the people you'll meet in here, it's worth it. Even that BOWMAN guy has something to offer every once in a while....
    You'll have a great time in the shoot. In my first one my goal was to not lose more than 3 arrows. I didn't lose any. Woohooo! Let us know how you did and more importantly, how much fun you had!
    Good Luck!!!

two_shoes
    I am always being made an example of......

Default Man Rule!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    and Jbutler.......
    Did I forget to mention sucking up to the mods is against the Man Rules???
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Did I forget to mention sucking up to the mods is against the Man Rules???
    did you forget I shoot a pink bow????

How can we???????????????????

I forgot... Man rules don't apply to you BOWMAN.... never mind...
    -Thomas Jefferson

I forgot... Man rules don't apply to you BOWMAN.... never mind...
    whats that supposed to mean, and forget it I already added you to my signature this week....this aint getting in there

whats that supposed to mean, and forget it I already added you to my signature this week....this aint getting in there
    -Thomas Jefferson