You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Stability

Default Stability

My bow has 80% let-off and it seems like its harder to hold steady compared to my old 65% let-off bow. I need some tips on how to get better at this.and my draw length is 26 inches and it feels just a tad long like quarter inch to long and its a mathews and i dont want to have to order a new cam so what should i do?
    Mathews Switchback XT
    Sure-loc Supreme
    Viper Scope 4x
    Cartel Stabillizer
    Scott little goose deluxe release
    Ripcord rest

try a shorter release, like a thumb release or a realy short strap
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

alright thanks.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    Sure-loc Supreme
    Viper Scope 4x
    Cartel Stabillizer
    Ripcord rest

What bow are you shooting? If your draw length is too long, you will not be as stable as if it was the right length.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    What bow are you shooting? If your draw length is too long, you will not be as stable as if it was the right length.
    you have read his signature right???
    I cut things up and split them down!

nope didn't even notice the signature. I wonder if he has a 26" cam on the bow and it's drawing long. Need to put a draw check arrow on it.

You can also untwist your string or cable and probably shorten your draw 1/4". This would not be the recomended technique as it would put your bow a little out of spec, but it is cheaper than a $65 cam.

Make sure your D-loop isn't an inch long either.
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by jcmorgan31 View Post
    You can also untwist your string or cable and probably shorten your draw 1/4". This would not be the recomended technique as it would put your bow a little out of spec, but it is cheaper than a $65 cam.
    He's shooting a switchback. Lengthing the string not work for shortening the draw. Lengthing the cable will work though. The cam will be a little under rotated (or over depending on how you look at it) but I would not sweat it on a Mathews. Get the draw length right. The bow will still shoot fine.

its no thtat big of a d loop its a pretty small one i am gonna wait till i get home and try my little goose deluxe release and if that doesnt help i am gonna try a friends carter release since im looking to buy one anyways.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    Sure-loc Supreme
    Viper Scope 4x
    Cartel Stabillizer
    Ripcord rest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    My bow has 80% let-off and it seems like its harder to hold steady compared to my old 65% let-off bow. I need some tips on how to get better at this.and my draw length is 26 inches and it feels just a tad long like quarter inch to long and its a mathews and i dont want to have to order a new cam so what should i do?
    I am not as steady with my 80% either but after awhile I have gotten somewhat used to it. As far as the DL I would get the correct cam and make sure my bow was in specs. Check with your dealer sometimes they will do a cam trade for you. If the DL is too long this will cause stability problems.

"HONDA"