You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: BowTech Tom Kat

Default BowTech Tom Kat

Can anyone give me some info on a BowTech Tomkat. I've looked it up at there web site but it shows a dual cam with vibration spiders on both the limbs and string. The one I'm looking at is a used bow about 2 or 3 years old. The bow is in good physical condition but has a single cam. I told the guy I'd give him $200.00 for the whole rig (sights, quiver, rest and case). Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Can anyone give me some info on a BowTech Tomkat. I've looked it up at there web site but it shows a dual cam with vibration spiders on both the limbs and string. The one I'm looking at is a used bow about 2 or 3 years old. The bow is in good physical condition but has a single cam. I told the guy I'd give him $200.00 for the whole rig (sights, quiver, rest and case). Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
    what year? This is EXTREMLY important as the tomkat has been changed lots of times over the years.

Everything has changed from limbs to risers to cams to speed to A2A to Brace... basically Bowtech has continued to use the name "TomKat" for years and every year its a completly new bow.

that being said I don't think they ever made a BAD one, a buddy of mine shoots one, its like 30" A2A and it works extremely well
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    what year? This is EXTREMLY important as the tomkat has been changed lots of times over the years.

Everything has changed from limbs to risers to cams to speed to A2A to Brace... basically Bowtech has continued to use the name "TomKat" for years and every year its a completly new bow.

that being said I don't think they ever made a BAD one, a buddy of mine shoots one, its like 30" A2A and it works extremely well
    just wondering why???they continue to use the same name......

wait a second doesnt mathews do the oppisite???they use the same bow and change the name every year????
    I cut things up and split them down!

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post

wait a second doesnt mathews do the oppisite???they use the same bow and change the name every year????
    BNG in the motorcycle world (bold new graphics)
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post

Its a well known bow name that sells. Its basically their "no frills hunting bow".

A while ago they released the "Full of Frills" hunting bow and called it the Might Mite... for a while they sort of traded off technologies for a while (dual cams, VFT, A2A sizes....) randomly one would disappear for a season and come back the next year

I think the Mighty Mite is gone from current and the TomKat has taken its place now as their tiny hunting bow for this year
    No I'm not dead

You could try calling or emailing the guys at huntersfriend web site. They've sold tomcats for at least a few years. Looking at their archives at the single cam tomcat it had an IBO rating of 292, ATA of 31", BH of 9.13, and sold for 400-499.