You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beman arrows

Default Beman arrows

Have any of you heard or seen the new Beman arrows with the new ViBrake vibration dampening insert?? Developed in conjunction with Sims Vibration Labs utilizing LimbSaver NAVCOM IV material. Supposed to have an insert that gives quicker arrow stabilization in flight for enhanced accuracy. Means quieter overall bow and arrow combinaiton. http://www.beman.com/

Sounds pretty cool but I wonder what the price is??? Any info on this Chris??

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Have any of you heard or seen the new Beman arrows with the new ViBrake vibration dampening insert?? Developed in conjunction with Sims Vibration Labs utilizing LimbSaver NAVCOM IV material. Supposed to have an insert that gives quicker arrow stabilization in flight for enhanced accuracy. Means quieter overall bow and arrow combinaiton. http://www.beman.com/

Sounds pretty cool but I wonder what the price is??? Any info on this Chris??
    ya i have a whole dozen of them they fly like a dream i like them alot they are around $79.00 for a dz. or about $6.50 an arrow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midevilarcher5575; 02-17-2007 at 09:42 PM.

Site Guru

ummm....

so lemme make sure I'm understanding you because I could be shooting wrong... but why would you be holding onto the arrow once you release it? I don't think the target cares if there is handshock
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    ummm....

so lemme make sure I'm understanding you because I could be shooting wrong... but why would you be holding onto the arrow once you release it? I don't think the target cares if there is handshock
    i think its more to get rid of any noise a arrow may make in flight.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

A bust...

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    i think its more to get rid of any noise a arrow may make in flight.....
    Yep thats what I think too. A quieter arrow is a better arrow for hunting is it not??? Why yes it is. Oh crap there I go answering myself again.

Just thought I would inform everyone of them.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Yep thats what I think too. A quieter arrow is a better arrow for hunting is it not??? Why yes it is. Oh crap there I go answering myself again.

Just thought I would inform everyone of them.
    so basically your saying that the purpose of this isn't to just take more money from you but its to make the arrow fly quieter?

lets do some fun math (cause Math is cool!)

Lets assume that you are shooting at a deer that is standing broadside at 30 yards, it has no idea that you are there and you put a perfect shot on it. (ie: the perfect bow hunting scenario)

Now then the fun part:

The speed of sound is approx 761 mph

761 x 5280 = 4,018,080 fps

so how long will it take the sound of your release being triggered till the deer hears it?

30 yards = 90 feet

4,018,080 fps means that in .0000001 of a second (one millionth of a second) the sound will travel approximately 4 feet. so the sound of your release will reach the deer standing out at 90 feet in approx .0000022 of a second

the arrow will reach the deer much much slower. shooting at 300 FPS it will take approx 1/3 of a second (or .3 of a second) for the arrow to reach its target.

So what I can't understand is how making an arrow more quite will make any difference as the sound of your bow firing is heard by the deer long before your arrow even clears the string.
    No I'm not dead

so basically your saying that the purpose of this isn't to just take more money from you but its to make the arrow fly quieter?

lets do some fun math (cause Math is cool!)

Lets assume that you are shooting at a deer that is standing broadside at 30 yards, it has no idea that you are there and you put a perfect shot on it. (ie: the perfect bow hunting scenario)

Now then the fun part:

The speed of sound is approx 761 mph

761 x 5280 = 4,018,080 fps

so how long will it take the sound of your release being triggered till the deer hears it?

30 yards = 90 feet

4,018,080 fps means that in .0000001 of a second (one millionth of a second) the sound will travel approximately 4 feet. so the sound of your release will reach the deer standing out at 90 feet in approx .0000022 of a second

the arrow will reach the deer much much slower. shooting at 300 FPS it will take approx 1/3 of a second (or .3 of a second) for the arrow to reach its target.

So what I can't understand is how making an arrow more quite will make any difference as the sound of your bow firing is heard by the deer long before your arrow even clears the string.
    bla bla bla bla bla what's wrong with making money? you went out of your way to make your point on this one.there not just to make your arrow quit, taking some of the vibration out of the arrow will tame some of that ARCHER'S PARADOX
    Archer (är-ch&r ) noun - one who uses a bow and arrow
    Par·a·dox (pr-dks) noun 1.A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true: the paradox that standing is more tiring than walking.
    2.One exhibiting inexplicable or contradictory aspects: “The silence of midnight, to speak truly, though apparently a paradox, rung in my ears” (Mary Shelley).
    3.An assertion that is essentially self-contradictory, though based on a valid deduction from acceptable premises.
    4.A statement contrary to received opinion.
    [Latin paradoxum, from Greek paradoxon, from neuter singular of paradoxos, conflicting with expectation : para-, beyond; see para-1 + doxa, opinion (from dokein, to think.]

It is said for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and it is certainly true in this case. The action is the bowstring sliding sideways and then forward towards the target. The reaction is the arrow flexing in direct proportion to the force. It bends in a balanced way to one side, and then bends the opposite way, and back, again and again, decreasing its oscillations slightly each cycle as it flies until it strikes the target. The shaft bends due to the inertial resistance of the shaft and the (heavier) tip as well as the sidethrust of the string coming off of the fingers, and the manner of the bend is consistently the same because the bowstring slips off of the fingertips in the same sideways direction each time. (Assuming the archer is consistent in her/his release technique!) The tail of the arrow gets pushed away from the bow at just the same time that the string is suddenly free to push the shaft towards the front of the bow. The tip of the arrow gets no sideways push, but since it has mass it resists the forward motion for an instant while the nock is moving forward, and the shaft BENDS as a result.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by midevilarcher5575 View Post

It is said for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and it is certainly true in this case. The action is the bowstring sliding sideways and then forward towards the target. The reaction is the arrow flexing in direct proportion to the force. It bends in a balanced way to one side, and then bends the opposite way, and back, again and again, decreasing its oscillations slightly each cycle as it flies until it strikes the target. The shaft bends due to the inertial resistance of the shaft and the (heavier) tip as well as the sidethrust of the string coming off of the fingers, and the manner of the bend is consistently the same because the bowstring slips off of the fingertips in the same sideways direction each time. (Assuming the archer is consistent in her/his release technique!) The tail of the arrow gets pushed away from the bow at just the same time that the string is suddenly free to push the shaft towards the front of the bow. The tip of the arrow gets no sideways push, but since it has mass it resists the forward motion for an instant while the nock is moving forward, and the shaft BENDS as a result.
    so what you are basically saying is:

1. I don't know what Paradox means (which I do btw)

2. The whole purpose of these inserts is to make up for poorly spined arrows? Your example is also flawed as not many people shoot fingers any more, thus the string isn't rolled to the side like it used to be when shooting fingers.

Maybe I missed something in there but to me it sounds like these are basically designed to cost you more money with little to no return.
    No I'm not dead

so what you are basically saying is:

1. I don't know what Paradox means (which I do btw)

2. The whole purpose of these inserts is to make up for poorly spined arrows? Your example is also flawed as not many people shoot fingers any more, thus the string isn't rolled to the side like it used to be when shooting fingers.

Maybe I missed something in there but to me it sounds like these are basically designed to cost you more money with little to no return.
    for once dredly is right in an argument.....

for once dredly is right in an argument.....
    it do's not matter if you shoot finger's or releases the paradox is alway's there FOR EVERY ACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPISITE REACTION

Site Guru

it do's not matter if you shoot finger's or releases the paradox is alway's there FOR EVERY ACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPISITE REACTION
    however it is so much less now then it used to be that its almost not a factor. I think your just trying to defend the money you spent on these things.
    No I'm not dead

however it is so much less now then it used to be that its almost not a factor. I think your just trying to defend the Money you spent on these things.
    ok, you win. oh i get them dealer cost

more defending

Site Guru

are you going to change you name to reflect that you don't shoot 5575's anymore

No offense intended at all I just think its yet another "gimmick" type product. There are lots out there already and this just appears to be one of them.

you know things like the rifled nock that makes it spin faster? Same kind of thing
    No I'm not dead

Ok well........................I posted this to see how everyone felt about them and well now we know how a few people feel. How about the rest of you?? I personally think they will work great shot from my XT since its the only bow on the market which makes no sound when shot.

"HONDA"

Ok well........................I posted this to see how everyone felt about them and well now we know how a few people feel. How about the rest of you?? I personally think they will work great shot from my XT since its the only bow on the market which makes no sound when shot.
    and out comes the towel slap.......

That's not an archer's paradox...
    It's Newton's first law...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    That's not an archer's paradox...
    It's Newton's first law...
    good point and from a welder no less

good point and from a welder no less
    What's that supposed to mean...Us welderers is less dumber than you think...