You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default hunting broadhead

I have been using Rocket Ultimate steel in 100 grain weight for whitetail, they seem to fly very close to a fieldpoint out to 50 yards. I might try the new American broadhead this year because it is cut on contact fixed blade, and seem to be simular to the rockets in configuration so hopefuly they will be as true in flight.
    just my opinion
    DDD

Cool Firstcut Broadhed

I am going to try Eastman Outfitters Firstcut ST3 85/100 titanium 3-blade expandable broadheads. They have a small broadhead at the tip of the point that should help in penetration and help in keeping it from delflecting with angled shots. I have had no ploblems with mechanical broadheads. They are more accurate than a fixed blade but do not penitrate as well. With a well placed shot they have always done the job for me.

I like Muzzy's, but I want to try the Crimsons also, there is alot to choose from, and i'll probably try alot of them, hahaha! It depends on what works with what your shooting! So, time to do some research.

i shoot crimson talons, 100 gr. fly great and leave an exelent blood trail.also have great penetration.

Default I used slicktricks last year

I liked the way they flew,accuracy was excellent,I just didn't beleive I got the penetration as I should have.I had only one passthrough on three deer.
    I am going to try the new rockymountain snyper3's or go with something like the spitfires xp,If I hunt out of a blind I probably will use steel venoms by steelforce.

muzzy 100 3blade

thats all i rlly like

i have always shot muzzys and i will probably continue to shoot them.they fly true and they cut excellent.my dad also shoots them too.he shot a big 6 point with them and made a complete pass through and didn't even budge them.

125gr Spitfire I will never go back to fixed blades after using these. Complete pass thru, open nice, and do the job well. Thet fly just like my 125 gr. field points, so I am always very confident of my shot while hunting. Last year I shot a buck and made a bad shot. It landed just outside the kill zone to the rear about halfway between the spine and the belly and the deer still only went about 40 yds.

I have used G5 Montechs for the past two years and have never had any problems. I use 100 grain. I get plenty of speed and and never currently lost a deer that has been hit due to lack of blood. I have lost deer that have NOT been hit. HA HA. I will be using G5s again this year.

Default Broadheads

Muzzy 100 Grain. Effective, Inexpencive, And Being An Engineer I Believe That The Least Amount Of Moving Parts Possible Means Less That Can Go Wrong!!!!!!!!

Default 85 grain tips

opinions on 85 grain G5 Montec fixed blade broadheads

Default broadheads

don't underestimate WASP boss bullets, I just picked them up and fly awesome from my bowtech allegiance.

After much debate, I purchased 2 packs of Rocket Ultimate Steel 125gr. to use on my first elk hunt. So far, I've shot them out to 43 yards and they hit EXACTLY where my field points do using my Bowtech Mighty Mite.
    Home-a-lite
    "Doing the best I can....AT ALL TIMES!"

Hunting:
    02 Mighty Mite 27'' 72lbs
    Beman Matrix 468gr. 255fps

Target:
    04 Protec 27.5'' 70lbs
    GT Pro22 349gr. 260fps

4 blade Muzzys