You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought this was about stabilizers.
    08 Constitution 50# 29"
    08 Allegiance 70#
    07 Guardian 77#
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=478
    FBSA Member

Stabilizers and weights take a lot of trial and error. The problem is most people do not have access to these to test them out.

We have found that changing the balance and weight of the bow will drastically change how the bow aims. You go from a bow that wobbles all over the place to a bow that holds like a rock. It might need side weight, back weight, front weight, who knows. But it does make a huge difference.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    there is more way down deep, dont hold back.....
    I'm fine now... Your extensive use of dry humor and associated intelligence has kept me from running outside and lighting myself on fire...

I think a little Jack Daniels on the rocks is calling me before bed and the stupid local news. Hey ! 40 degrees tomorrow !
    I might actually be able to dig my targets out of the snow drifts in the yard.
    That will save me $7 for each trip to the local indoor range.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by dzingale View Post
    it WAS till the fishing started......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by dzingale View Post
    I think the thread got hijacked.
    Sorry, guilty as charged.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I'm fine now... Your extensive use of dry humor and associated intelligence has kept me from running outside and lighting myself on fire...

I think a little Jack Daniels on the rocks is calling me before bed and the stupid local news. Hey ! 40 degrees tomorrow !
    I might actually be able to dig my targets out of the snow drifts in the yard.
    That will save me $7 for each trip to the local indoor range.

Ron
    glad I could be of some help to you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Stabilizers and weights take a lot of trial and error. The problem is most people do not have access to these to test them out.

We have found that changing the balance and weight of the bow will drastically change how the bow aims. You go from a bow that wobbles all over the place to a bow that holds like a rock. It might need side weight, back weight, front weight, who knows. But it does make a huge difference.
    Back on topic...

I'm not sure I understand the stabilizer usage issue in general. Is there some information that actually explains what you want to try and do with stabilization and balancing ?
    After this hunting season I put a 1/4 inch aluminum plate on my Allegiance that moved the quiver back about 3 inches and in toward the riser about 1/2 inch. My bow's balance improved a ton. I have to resight it in but when at full draw it feels a lot more comfortable. It was hard for me to believe that so little change made such a big difference. The thing cost me $8.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    The one i didnt know was Dodge and ford....... Ford in mexico..... would have never guessed.......Kind of a shame for Mark martin though, been with roush all those years, goes with the new team, jumps in a chevy and comes closer then hes ever been to winning the big one..... I kinda felt sorry for him....
    He gave it his all though. I wanted him to win since i'm a fan of the real veterans that have been around for 15-20 years. That was a really great finish, I just wished Martin would have won.

Ron

out of all the old guys i like Ricky rudd......

out of all the old guys i like Ricky rudd......
    that explains alot

ummm forgive me if im wrong, but wouldnt a BBQ grill make out of wood catch on fire??? dont know how that would be a good thing....

ummm forgive me if im wrong, but wouldnt a BBQ grill make out of wood catch on fire??? dont know how that would be a good thing....
    Oh it did...
    It was a survival situation though... so he had to work with what he had...

I asked this question because I am a hunter never had a target setup. I asked who makes the best and WHY in your opinion. That does not mean I will go out and buy a Doinker because someone says they are the best. I did'nt even know about the stabalizers sold over on AT. They seem to be very nice. I wanted different options to choose from. Around here we do not have a shop where they stock 10 different target stabalizers to go in and try out and I really do not have the funds to just start buying them and trying to find something I like. This was a simple thread to talk a little archery if you do not want to talk about stabalizers then do not post. Its that easy. This is not meant as an attack just stating why I started the thread so please if this is taken personally then I am sorry. Just feeling as though I needed to make it clear as to why I started the thread. So who was it that makes the BEST.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    I asked this question because I am a hunter never had a target setup. I asked who makes the best and WHY in your opinion. That does not mean I will go out and buy a Doinker because someone says they are the best. I did'nt even know about the stabalizers sold over on AT. They seem to be very nice. I wanted different options to choose from. Around here we do not have a shop where they stock 10 different target stabalizers to go in and try out and I really do not have the funds to just start buying them and trying to find something I like. This was a simple thread to talk a little archery if you do not want to talk about stabalizers then do not post. Its that easy. This is not meant as an attack just stating why I started the thread so please if this is taken personally then I am sorry. Just feeling as though I needed to make it clear as to why I started the thread. So who was it that makes the BEST.

well excuse me......oh you wearnt talking to me???

well then DOINKER is the best, because thats what I have......

I have used Doinker and Easton...both nice stailizers...But I don't feel I have enough expierience with enough diffent models to say who's the best...

Ok then more of you are shooting Doinker so that means it must be the best. Therefore thats what I'm gonna buy.

No wait the guy with the PINK bow shoots a doinker maybe thats not what I'm gonna buy.

Just kidding around thanks for everyones response.

By the way Dredly do I have to signify that I shoot right handed??..............no wait Elite does'nt make stabilizers do they.

"HONDA"

I use a cartel stabilizer and i like it alot and it only costs 45 dollars and its made for targets. and on the end of it you can adjust the weights. idk i am just getting use to the weight of it so i took the weights off to make it lighter but right when i draw back the bow wiggles from left to right a little bit is that bad?
    Mathews Switchback XT
    Sure-loc Supreme
    Viper Scope 4x
    Cartel Stabillizer
    Scott little goose deluxe release
    Ripcord rest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I use a cartel stabilizer and i like it alot and it only costs 45 dollars and its made for targets. and on the end of it you can adjust the weights. idk i am just getting use to the weight of it so i took the weights off to make it lighter but right when i draw back the bow wiggles from left to right a little bit is that bad?
    Alittle wiggle on the draw is nothing...as long as you can keep it steady on target at full draw...

There is a good discussion on balancing a bow in George Ryal's new video.

Like Chris posted, it's basically a trial & error process to find what holds the best for you. You also want to balance holding weight with the mass weight of the bow for the steadiest setup.

Of course getting your draw length to the sweet spot will also make you much steadier.