You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bowtech Allegiance

First off I'd like to say hello to everyone here. We are all archers and hope that everyone on here respects every shooter and their equipment no matter what bow we use.

Now to get to business. I just purchased a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance and have a few questions. I noticed that the limb pockets have slots on them and there are 2 bolts that attach to the riser. What are the purpose of those bolts? Do you lossen them and then turn the limb bolt to adjust poundage? Or, do you loosen them up, along with the limb bolt, to remove items or add peeps? i.e. You do not need a bow press? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance
    30" DL, 70LB
    Deluxe Whisker Biscuit QS
    28.25" CX 3D Select 300's
    TruBall Copperhead Release

Quote Originally Posted by davepjr71 View Post
    First off I'd like to say hello to everyone here. We are all archers and hope that everyone on here respects every shooter and their equipment no matter what bow we use.

Now to get to business. I just purchased a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance and have a few questions. I noticed that the limb pockets have slots on them and there are 2 bolts that attach to the riser. What are the purpose of those bolts? Do you lossen them and then turn the limb bolt to adjust poundage? Or, do you loosen them up, along with the limb bolt, to remove items or add peeps? i.e. You do not need a bow press? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Welcome to the forum davepjr71...
    I'm not familiar with the system myself but there are a few Bowtech'rs here that might be able to answer your question...

As for respecting other archers and their equipment...We do...but we also enjoy alittle friendly ribbin' too...so try not to take anything said to heart and if the urge comes "poke back"...

Again Welcome,
    Ed

First off to the forum. Glad to have you with us. As for your bow of choice, after you are here for a little while we will begin slammin you a little but we do this only in fun. I believe that all bows made recently are very good pieces of equipment. But since I shoot a Mathews I will rib Bowtech,Hoyt,Darton,PSE,Parker,and many others. In turn their owners rib me which is just fine because my bow fits me. As yours fits you. Please see our humor. By the way had Mathews not made the XT last year I would probably be the owner of a.............oh its so hard to say Bowtech Tribute.

As for the two screws that attach to the riser I believe those must be loosened and then the limb bolts loosened to adjust poundage. You do need a bow press to add peeps to the string on the allegiance I believe its the Guardian and Commander that does not require a press. Please someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

So again WELCOME to the forum and I hope you enjoy our little messed up family.

"HONDA"

Welcome.

I have an '06 Allegiance. If you like yours as much as I like mine, you'll be happy.

You need to use a bowpress on them. The peak draw weight adjustment is in the owner's manual. On mine, you have to loosen the 4 small bolts on the side of the limb pocket and then adjust the limb bolts for desired weight. You have to be sure you do NOT over-loosen them though or bad things will happen like stripped threads and bow parts all over the place. The owners manual tells you how many turns MAX you can loosen them and how many pounds per turn are put on or taken off the peak draw weight. The '07 Allegiance cams have been redesigned and other things may have changed so I'm not going to quote the information from my manual. If you don't have the manual I believe Bowtech has them in .pdf format on their site.

www.bowtecharchery.com

Ron

welcome to our humble aboad.....and no matter what you shoot, you are welcome here.....the ribbing is all part of it....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default thank you

I's like to thank all of you for the warm welcome. I'm definitely all about busting chops. I was just concerned about some of the forums I looked at before purching my Allegiance.

Thank you for the info on what the bolts are for. I assumed they were for draw wweight. The 07 manual that I got with my bow is pretty bad. It doesn't really state how to adjust the let-off stop or poundage. just states how many pounds per turn and that you should go too far in adjusting the let-off.
    '07 Bowtech Allegiance
    30" DL, 70LB
    Deluxe Whisker Biscuit QS
    28.25" CX 3D Select 300's
    TruBall Copperhead Release

Hello and make sure if you adjust the cam stop, that you get it in the slot right and it stays tight, dont ever draw the bow with it off or bad bad things happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    Hello and make sure if you adjust the cam stop, that you get it in the slot right and it stays tight, dont ever draw the bow with it off or bad bad things happen.....
    o.k. so now I am interested.....what you talkin about???

If you take the stop off, this will allow you to over draw the cams, when this happens they over rotate and lock the bow at full draw, when you let down on the string, it goes loose, but the limbs are under pressure like the bow is drawn back........

If you take the stop off, this will allow you to over draw the cams, when this happens they over rotate and lock the bow at full draw, when you let down on the string, it goes loose, but the limbs are under pressure like the bow is drawn back........
    so how do you fix this....can they just snap back at any time????

i really dont know and thats why I am asking....got any pics????

lol no pics, i did see it happen on one though. bout a yeah and 1/2 ago we stuck it in a bow press and got the cables to losen, then rotated the cams back around, and got the string back on then took off the press, i wish i had pics, we didnt try to snap it back, as we thought better of the pressure their.... dont think it would just snap back on its own, it seemed kinda stuck, it emidiatly got put on the bow press though.

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    so how do you fix this....can they just snap back at any time????

i really dont know and thats why I am asking....got any pics????
    You just throw it on the floor...and it resets...

lol no pics, i did see it happen on one though. bout a yeah and 1/2 ago we stuck it in a bow press and got the cables to losen, then rotated the cams back around, and got the string back on then took off the press, i wish i had pics, we didnt try to snap it back, as we thought better of the pressure their.... dont think it would just snap back on its own, it seemed kinda stuck, it emidiatly got put on the bow press though.
    this seems like very dangerous to me????

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    be quite you!!!!

I for once am trying to learn something.....

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    lol thats funny, I really didnt want to get to close to it.... worst part of it was i owned one just like it!!!!!

lol thats funny, I really didnt want to get to close to it.... worst part of it was i owned one just like it!!!!!
    that was locked like that???

no the same bow..... lol if mine would have done it i pry would have thrown it away from me as fast as i could....

Default Locked

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bowtech fix this problem in 06'. I thought that they put a stopper on the cam that comes in contact with the cable preventing it from over rotating. I heard that is what they did so I had to prove it to myself, I loosened the stopper and gave it a tug.(I was prepared to fix it if it wouldn't have worked) It never did lock up. I am assuming that this shouldn't be a problem in 07' either.?.?
    06 Tribute
    Cobra Sidewinder LX
    Rip-cord drop-away
    S-coil
    Tru-fire hurricane
    Gold-tip XT Hunter

im not sure if they fixed it or not, the bow i saw do it and mine were both 05. Did you just losen it or take it all the way off? The one i seen do it, didnt have the stop on it at all.

I had just loosened mine when I did it. I just took another look at my 06' Tribute and I believe that they redesigned the mudules to prevent over rotation. I don't have an 05' to confirm this though. Either way, Don't draw it back without the stopper. Then you should have nothing to worry about. (Do as I say not as I do, Right?)
    06 Tribute
    Cobra Sidewinder LX
    Rip-cord drop-away
    S-coil
    Tru-fire hurricane
    Gold-tip XT Hunter