You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Future Archers

Default Future Archers

Here are my future archers My 3 1/2 year old has been getting upset that she can't shoot my bow when we go to the range, so I went to the toy store and found these. She asks every day if we can go shoot together. Do they make real bows for kids this size?
    Attached Images Attached Images

idk about that young, ik diamond made a bow last year called the rascal that had a 30lbs. draw weight
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

YOU! Get in my belly! two_shoes's Avatar

Default Stacey archery

You could look at Stacey archery, they make one called the Tom Thumb II. We got on in last week for my youngest's B-day yesterday. He's a small 5 yo but he can draw and hold it. I'll try to post pics next time I'm home.

here's the link: http://www.staceyarchery.com/tom-thumb.html
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Eph. 2:8-10

Very nice picture. They are adorable to say the least. Enjoy the time and take lots of pictures then when they are 17 and 14 you can sit around and think about how fast time flies. Thanks for the pic.

Not sure about a bow for them that yound but have heard Stacey archery is very nice. Good luck in finding them a real bow so they can shoot with mom.

"HONDA"

hope she turns into my future hunting and shooting pal....ifonly she wasnt so serious all the time......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I cut things up and split them down!

That's great Wheels3... And Bowman...
    I believe Bear Archery makes a children's bow package that you can get at Walmart, but only during the hunting season. Right now, at least in Illinois, all the camping stuff is out and the hunting stuff is put away.
    I want to say that the Bear kids kit comes complete with arrows, bow, paper target, etc... I think it's a compound but a very simple one with very low draw weight and no let-off.

Ron

Thanx for the info, I will start looking into those brands.

She's a cutie Bowman.

Smile Shooting buddies

They will make the best shooting buddies ever. I have 3 daughters, they all started shooting at about 5 years old. My youngest is now 23. We had some great times.
    My youngest was and still is a heck of a shot. She won the indoor nationals twice. We live many miles apart now but just the mention of those days and we are instantly back together, just like in the back yard 15 years ago..

Keep it up and create memories and a bond for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Here are my future archers ... Do they make real bows for kids this size?

I started both of my kids out with a Fiberglass recurve bow. My son was 3 and my daughter was 6.
    3 years later - Just last year I got both of them a Genisis. A got the Mini for my son and regular for my daughter.

I wouldn't spend too much on them at first, kids will be kids and you never know how long they will want to do it. My daughter didn't have an interest till my son got interested. And it's still a hit or miss depending on what show is on TV or what new clothes that she got, will she shoot with me. My son will only shoot now if we are going to shoot foam, as he finds indoor boring (I don't blame him)

The Bow at Walmart is a Indian Brave that pecks at 22 #'s. My daughter had had 1 at the age of 4. I put a spring rest on it to make it alittle more repeatable. She won here first state championship w/ it. They make a good starter bow. They are like the mattews gen bow because they don't have the letoff so like 15 to 20 inch draw can use them.

2012 Bow Tech Pro Staff
    Sword Pro Staff Vane Tech Pro Staff
    Gold Tip Factory Staff Coffey marketing
    A.S.A. IL. State Director

Quote Originally Posted by CSS Shooter View Post
    The Bow at Walmart is a Indian Brave that pecks at 22 #'s. My daughter had had 1 at the age of 4. I put a spring rest on it to make it alittle more repeatable. She won here first state championship w/ it. They make a good starter bow. They are like the mattews gen bow because they don't have the letoff so like 15 to 20 inch draw can use them.
    Yes, that's right. I was trying to think of the name but for some reason I tought it was Bear Archery.
    I stand corrected.

Ron