You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Draw/arrow weight ?

I can't remember what the weight of my arrows are, but they are what I was shooting when I was pulling 52#. I had my bow turned down to 45#. I have been reading about pull weight and arrow weight needing to work together. Does this make a big difference in the way my arrows fly? Speed? Spine? etc... Keep in mind, I am just shooting for fun right now, not competing. Just getting started again, but trying to learn as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I can't remember what the weight of my arrows are, but they are what I was shooting when I was pulling 52#. I had my bow turned down to 45#. I have been reading about pull weight and arrow weight needing to work together. Does this make a big difference in the way my arrows fly? Speed? Spine? etc... Keep in mind, I am just shooting for fun right now, not competing. Just getting started again, but trying to learn as much as possible.
    post your entire set....draw length weight, arrow, arrow length tip weight...all perticulars and someone will be able to help you....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Yes, like Bowman said.... Post any info you can about your bow and what you intend to try and do to get back into the sport.

I was out of the sport for over 15 years and there is a lot to learn now compared to what it used to be. It's been fun catching up again over the past 2-1/2 or so years. So much fun in fact it's become an addiction...

You'll also find some good people and good information on this site. It has definitely helped me out.

Good luck !

Carbon arrows ? What are those, writing instruments that fly ?

Ron

Ok, here is what I can tell you.
    DL=26" ?I am questioning this after measuring my arrows and seeing how far the arrow is out past my bow at full draw.
    DW= 45#
    Beman ICS 500-carbon
    Arrow Length from nock point to end of shaft 26 1/8"
    I can't remember the tip weight, but I want to say 100g. I was shooting Muzzy 100's for hunting.

And here is a pic:
    Last edited by Wheely; 12-31-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Nevermind, after last night, I think I will just go to the archery shop for a few hours and have him help me. Thanks for all your help

if dredly was around he could have helped you faster.....the guy is a book of useless knowledge about shaft spine and length.....

but at least he is good for something
    I cut things up and split them down!