You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stupid Archer Tricks

I was just looking at my thigh and wondered how many people have stabbed themselves with the nock of an arrow? Last week I was pulling arrows out of a turkey target and got myself good. I thought I was standing far enough to the side but I guess not because when that arrow came out it cut through my jeans and into my thigh. It bled pretty good too. One of the guys at the club told me about an old member who had done the same thing but he buried the arrow 3-1/2 inches into his leg man you are talking about fletching and all.
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

YIKES . I put a hole (2) thru my jeans once. Thank God not myself. HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Sounds like the dumb move of the week. Unless Bowman has been riding the Quad again. If not then you win buddy congrats or should I say ouch, glad it was'nt more serious buddy.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Sounds like the dumb move of the week. Unless Bowman has been riding the Quad again. If not then you win buddy congrats or should I say ouch, glad it was'nt more serious buddy.
    nope he can have the award this week...the quad is parked right now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    I was just looking at my thigh and wondered how many people have stabbed themselves with the nock of an arrow? Last week I was pulling arrows out of a turkey target and got myself good. I thought I was standing far enough to the side but I guess not because when that arrow came out it cut through my jeans and into my thigh. It bled pretty good too. One of the guys at the club told me about an old member who had done the same thing but he buried the arrow 3-1/2 inches into his leg man you are talking about fletching and all.
    Yep, did that lasy Summer in my calf. Nock end went through past the vanes. Pulled it out fast on instinct and the vanes came out too (thank goodness for super glue). Hurt my pride more than it hurt physically but I was worried about infection.
    Turned out fine though. I just have this scar that looks kind of scary.

Ron

Luckily I've never done that...I saw it once...Looked like it smarted...

I have a different trick though...

a close friend of mine after years of 3D decided he wanted to try bowhunting...he went out and bought some nice sattelite 125 broadheads and went to sight in...his arrows were cut at the rest and he was shooting w/ his bow hand open and...he laid his index finger wide open from the second knuckle to the tip.....

Site Guru

anyone else decide it would be a good idea to unscrew some broadheads that were shot through a target the day before the season starts?

if you haven't I'd suggest keeping it that way! Should have gone for about 3 or 4 stitches in my finger... instead I went hunting
    No I'm not dead

Ya my pride was hurt more than anything. Thats why it took me a while to decide if I was gonna post about it or not. Glad to hear I am not the only one that does slightly less than itelligent things sometimes......

Oh and on winning the award I would like to thank the club for putting a new kill in the target and easton for making a fat arrow that didnt want to come out and last but not least my wife for laughing at me while I was bleeding......Thanks to all
    Target: Hoyt ProElite XT3000 C2, 60# 30", CBE Quad Lite, CBE 3x .019, Trophy Taker, Easton Fatboy 400's(indoor) lightspeed 400 (outdoor)

Hunting: 2009 Alphamax35 (Blacked out) 70#, 29", HHA Slider, Bisquit, Easton ACC 3-60, Rage 100 gr. 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    Luckily I've never done that...I saw it once...Looked like it smarted...

I have a different trick though...

a close friend of mine after years of 3D decided he wanted to try bowhunting...he went out and bought some nice sattelite 125 broadheads and went to sight in...his arrows were cut at the rest and he was shooting w/ his bow hand open and...he laid his index finger wide open from the second knuckle to the tip.....
    OUCH.............I've heard of this happening before but never seen it.

"HONDA"

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    Ya my pride was hurt more than anything. Thats why it took me a while to decide if I was gonna post about it or not. Glad to hear I am not the only one that does slightly less than itelligent things sometimes......

Oh and on winning the award I would like to thank the club for putting a new kill in the target and easton for making a fat arrow that didnt want to come out and last but not least my wife for laughing at me while I was bleeding......Thanks to all
    the units are so good at that..........but yet let them split an end and oh god the world is over......

OUCH.............I've heard of this happening before but never seen it.
    Ohhh it was nasty....but he's got a cool scar now...and chicks dig scars...

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    anyone else decide it would be a good idea to unscrew some broadheads that were shot through a target the day before the season starts?

if you haven't I'd suggest keeping it that way! Should have gone for about 3 or 4 stitches in my finger... instead I went hunting
    well almost the same thing.....I drove an hour and half to a hunting spot one afternoon on a tip from the landowner......said he had seen a real nice one and had already limited out for the season.......so off i went w/my hunting buddy......

I always transport my hunting bow and broadhead tiped arrows in a hard case when traveling distances.....well I always take the arrows out of the quiver and put them in the arrow holders inside the bow case....

we are standing at the edge of the property where we park and see some deer already starting to filter into the feild but its early so i am watching the deer and taking the arrows out at the same time......well I reach into the case and lay my finger open to the bone....wrapped it up in a napkin....and duct taped it tight.....went on the hunt...saw the big deer and my buddy killed it a real nice 9 point w/a small sticker off the left G2 ...happy for him but sad for me....like always a day late and a dollar short.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    well almost the same thing.....I drove an hour and half to a hunting spot one afternoon on a tip from the landowner......said he had seen a real nice one and had already limited out for the season.......so off i went w/my hunting buddy......

I always transport my hunting bow and broadhead tiped arrows in a hard case when traveling distances.....well I always take the arrows out of the quiver and put them in the arrow holders inside the bow case....

we are standing at the edge of the property where we park and see some deer already starting to filter into the feild but its early so i am watching the deer and taking the arrows out at the same time......well I reach into the case and lay my finger open to the bone....wrapped it up in a napkin....and duct taped it tight.....went on the hunt...saw the big deer and my buddy killed it a real nice 9 point w/a small sticker off the left G2 ...happy for him but sad for me....like always a day late and a dollar short.....
    This is one reason I like my Alpine soft-loc 3 my bow fits in my Plano case with the quiver on it. I would not put arrows in a case with broadheads on them if they slip out you may open the case to a bow with a cut string or cable Be careful buddy. A cut finger is much better than cut string or cable.

"HONDA"

This is one reason I like my Alpine soft-loc 3 my bow fits in my Plano case with the quiver on it. I would not put arrows in a case with broadheads on them if they slip out you may open the case to a bow with a cut string or cable Be careful buddy. A cut finger is much better than cut string or cable.
    Yeah, I got a Lakewood bowcase for Christmas and you can put the bow with the quiver attached in there. Very cool and keeps you from having to handle arrows with broadheads on them.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yeah, I got a Lakewood bowcase for Christmas and you can put the bow with the quiver attached in there. Very cool and keeps you from having to handle arrows with broadheads on them.

Ron
    o.k. smart boys and girls how about those that dont shoot w/a quiver on the bow even for hunting like me?

o.k. smart boys and girls how about those that dont shoot w/a quiver on the bow even for hunting like me?
    I shoot a hip quiver and I never done that.....

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    I shoot a hip quiver and I never done that.....
    your just special......

your just special......
    That's what my Mamma say...

Then I would leave the arrows in the hip quiver and carry it separate. I just hope you never have to worry about a cut string buddy.

"HONDA"

I don't know I always shoot with a quiver on the bow...

Ron