You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Noobie needs a bow

I've got 500.00 to spend and I want to get the most for my money. Im triying to stay away from the name brands. What I want to know is what are some name brands that are good bows but are lower in price. Im thinking I can go on ebay and snatch up a good deal on a good bow. I would like to find the whole package, ready to shoot out of the box. thanks for your replies inadvance.

Quote Originally Posted by RC159 View Post
    I've got 500.00 to spend and I want to get the most for my money. Im triying to stay away from the name brands. What I want to know is what are some name brands that are good bows but are lower in price. Im thinking I can go on ebay and snatch up a good deal on a good bow. I would like to find the whole package, ready to shoot out of the box. thanks for your replies inadvance.
    ready to shoot out of the box......dont know too many quality low price packages that are ready out of the box that dont have to be tuned....I would look at the new Mission X3 and see if there arent some used accesories you might find......you may find a good used deal on here or AT but if you dont have some posts some people wont deal with you.....kinda like needing credit to get credit.....

Site Guru

DON'T BUY NEW!

Look on the classifieds here and on Archery talk for some great deals on used bows or check out MoNoFletch, he is selling some special edition Pearsons that are great bows for around 300 or so.
    No I'm not dead

Glad to hear you are looking for a bow. Shoot as many as you possibly can but do not limit yourself to certain brands. Classifieds are great to pick up used or Mission,Reflex,Diamond,Bear,Martin,Gander Mountains Tec Series. All make great bows. Have fun shooting and hope you find one that feels good to ya.

"HONDA"

Looking for a new bow is alot of fun...
    The classified have alot of good deals...and Ebay can be good too...but I've found on Ebay most of the people selling archery equipment aren't archers and know very little about what they are selling and the actual condition it is in...be wary of bad pics and as-is auctions...JMO

Might want to make sure of your draw lenght before you get a bow off the net, alot of newer bows are not adjustable, so what you get is what you get, you need a bow that properly fits you. Ive bought 2 bows off ebay, and they were great deals. Only buy from sellers with good feeback. I was on their looking at hoyt bows a few nights ago, and a set up razor tec was bid up to like $240 bucks. I had 1 about 3 years ago, and it was a great bow, but whats great for me, may not be for your, theirs tons of good used archery equipment, but spend some time and look around. and check sellers feedback befor you buy, Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    DON'T BUY NEW!

Look on the classifieds here and on Archery talk for some great deals on used bows or check out MoNoFletch, he is selling some special edition Pearsons that are great bows for around 300 or so.
    I totally agree with Dredly, I would buy a used bow with everything on it. After you shoot it awhile and get your form down then I would maybe look for new bow and you will then be able to get a feel for which brand or type of bow fits you the best. I would think for the money you want to spend you should be able to get a two or three year bow with everything on it that will most likely shoot great. Just remember it doesn't matter what brand of bow you shoot, it matters how well you shoot the bow.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    I totally agree with Dredly, I would buy a used bow with everything on it. After you shoot it awhile and get your form down then I would maybe look for new bow and you will then be able to get a feel for which brand or type of bow fits you the best. I would think for the money you want to spend you should be able to get a two or three year bow with everything on it that will most likely shoot great. Just remember it doesn't matter what brand of bow you shoot, it matters how well you shoot the bow.
    100% Agreed...You just need to find a bow that feel right to YOU!!...
    It doesn't mater what make or model...aslong as it's in good condition and not so old you can't get tuneup parts anymore...but keep us up to date and we'll help steer ya in the right direction...