You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default mathews ignition specs?

Couple questions. First, can I get 60lbs limbs for the ignition. Secondly it's listed ibo speed is at 26"draw and 50lbs...what's it's IBO when compared to other bows...with their longer DL etc? Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the link dredly..but I found that which is why I knew they used a different method of Ibo with this bow. Yes it's goat a 278fps IBO with 26" draw at 50lbs and I assume a 250grn arrow (5gpi minimum for 50lbs) but I don't know how that compares to the IBO of normal bows measured 4" longer DL, 20lbs heavier pull, and with a 350grn arrow.. Also the limb limit is listed at "approx" 50lbs. But I know alot of bow companies sell 80#limbs for their bows...is it possable to get 60# limbs for this bow? From my rough calculations the "true" ibo of this bow should be around 320fps...but I'm not certain I would like someone else to check my math on this. Appriciate the link but it really didn't answer the questions.

Site Guru

Its pretty common thing to do with the short draw bows. They do it because there is no way that they can compare it to a full draw bow.

I believe it is an estimate 10 FPS / inch of DL...

so if your looking for just a completely off the wall and useless guess I'd say the IBO on a Mustang at 30" draw would be around

278 + 40 = 328

If we assume that 1 pound of draw weight = 1 FPS (HUGE assumption but pretty close I think)

you would then end up with

328 + 20 fps = 348

So if your looking for the IBO on the Mustang without doing any real life testing it would show up in the 340 - 350 range I believe... not that this means anything of course
    No I'm not dead

Hm...I'm not familier with the mustang, but I'll give it a look. Guess I"ll call mathews about the 60 pound limbs for the ignition that should be easy enough.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by n2t View Post
    Hm...I'm not familier with the mustang, but I'll give it a look. Guess I"ll call mathews about the 60 pound limbs for the ignition that should be easy enough.
    oops meant ignition. sorry
    No I'm not dead