You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default Question of the Day.

    How is it that I can move my sights by quite a lot and still hit the same spot everytime?

    OK, I went to the tubeless peep . First it was too high, well I finally got it low enough that it is just right, so I have been out to the range twice and I keep shooting to the right. So I move my sights to the right and still shoot to the right, so I moved it again and I am still shooting in the same spot to the right.

    So here is my question. My TUBELESS peep is not consistant. Sometimes it turns barely too far and sometimes it turns not quite far enough, so I can't adjust it. I might mention that I have hardly any twist in my string and the string is a few years old, so the stretch should all be stretched. When the peep doesn't get turned fully, will this make me shoot to the left or right?

  2. #2
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    How is it that I can move my sights by quite a lot and still hit the same spot everytime?

    OK, I went to the tubeless peep . First it was too high, well I finally got it low enough that it is just right, so I have been out to the range twice and I keep shooting to the right. So I move my sights to the right and still shoot to the right, so I moved it again and I am still shooting in the same spot to the right.

    So here is my question. My TUBELESS peep is not consistant. Sometimes it turns barely too far and sometimes it turns not quite far enough, so I can't adjust it. I might mention that I have hardly any twist in my string and the string is a few years old, so the stretch should all be stretched. When the peep doesn't get turned fully, will this make me shoot to the left or right?

    Its time for a new string, even if it has not been shot very much...
    I cut things up and split them down!

  3. #3
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    the people that have looked at my string say it looks really good and doesn't need replaced. Why do I need to replace it after a few years. I think I shot it for about a year, then my bow just sat in storage for 4 1/2 years, does this stretch it out to much or something?

  4. #4
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Another ?--I still have the factory string and if I remember right, we had a string made right after I got the bow, cuz someone thought factory strings weren't as good as the made ones, so could I put the factory string back on or should I buy a new one?

  5. #5
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Another ?--I still have the factory string and if I remember right, we had a string made right after I got the bow, cuz someone thought factory strings weren't as good as the made ones, so could I put the factory string back on or should I buy a new one?
    get your self a new one and get some twists put in that thing.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    the people that have looked at my string say it looks really good and doesn't need replaced. Why do I need to replace it after a few years. I think I shot it for about a year, then my bow just sat in storage for 4 1/2 years, does this stretch it out to much or something?
    in all that time did you wax it even once????

    its time for a new string.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7
    get'n rid of target panic STRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    I agree with Bowman, I replace my strings and cables at least once a year wether they need to be or not. I bet you notice a difference right away when you get the new strings and cables put on.
    .

    Carbon Matrix

    Certified NASP Instructor

  8. #8
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clover & Oats View Post
    I agree with Bowman, I replace my strings and cables at least once a year wether they need to be or not. I bet you notice a difference right away when you get the new strings and cables put on.
    don't listen to these pansies! Do what ol Dredly does... shoot it till it snaps! :P

    hehe actually I normally replace mine about once a year as well if I'm doing a lot of shooting.
    No I'm not dead

  9. #9
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    oh and as for your issue that you are having. few things can be causing it. angle you are looking through the peep is probably the biggest one, or your sight could be moving (ie not tightened down) or you could be torquing the bow on release.
    No I'm not dead

  10. #10
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    I very seldom cahnge a string and I always shoot consistant> I am very careful to keep that puppy waxed and make sure that all your servings are tight , if not reserve them. This is the best maintince you can do and the thing will last a long time> HS



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  11. #11

    Default

    Get a Winners Choice string and all your peep rotation issues will be over. It's not worth the agrivation of a rotating peep and the accuracy issues it causes.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  12. #12
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Get a Winners Choice string and all your peep rotation issues will be over. It's not worth the agrivation of a rotating peep and the accuracy issues it causes.
    Or just put the rubber tube peep back on

    I will look into a new string.

  13. #13
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    rubber peep tubing is a crutch for those of us who dont want to buy a good string or take the time to get the peep to stay in place.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  14. #14
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    rubber peep tubing is a crutch for those of us who dont want to buy a good string or take the time to get the peep to stay in place.....
    Ohhh...you said enough, now I have to buy a new string and get this right

  15. #15
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Ohhh...you said enough, now I have to buy a new string and get this right
    I knew you would see it my way......they always see it my way.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  16. #16
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    OK, if I can't get this right, then I get to blame it all on you

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    I know plenty of people that shoot with the rubber tubing on their peeps and like them and I finally took it off my hunting bow 2 years ago. If you get Winners Choice strings, you won't need the tubing to straighten out your peep.

    By the sounds of it, you should replace your strings and if you are going to do that, Go all out and get Winners Choice --- well worth the money.

  18. #18
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    I know plenty of people that shoot with the rubber tubing on their peeps and like them and I finally took it off my hunting bow 2 years ago. If you get Winners Choice strings, you won't need the tubing to straighten out your peep.

    By the sounds of it, you should replace your strings and if you are going to do that, Go all out and get Winners Choice --- well worth the money.
    so what do they cost?

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    so what do they cost?
    If I remember correctly, I paid about $100 for the strings and have them put on. That was January of '06

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •