You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    so what do they cost?
    My last cable/string set from Winner's Choice for my Victory was about $120 about 18 months ago. They are still in great shape.

I did just purchase a set of cables and a string from Vapor Trail for my Allegiance and it cost me $77 for 2 cables and the string. I've been shooting those for a month or so now and no problems with peep rotation or string creep. Also, the person on the phone was incredibly helpful is making sure I bought the right lengths.

I read a few posts on here before making the purchase and people have given them good to great reviews. I would say they are a good alternative to Winner's Choice. We'll see on the longivity though.

Ron

Thanks for all the good info, looks like the tube is going back on until I can get another string.

if the peep does not line up the same way each time you will shoot off to the left or right because you have to move your head a little bit to see thru it. are you using a string loop. also if you have a Lancaster catalog on page 159 they have a T.R.U.speed nok thats works real good to keep peep aligned.

A lot of people preach Winners Choice, but look around a little before you sink $100 bucks in a string. I have a 2 sets that were made by Bucknasty on AT and they are pretty darned nice. They run around $65. I also just got a set of Vapor Trail strings. They were $75 and I had them in 5 days. Both Bucknasty and Vapor Trail will let you choose whatever color combo you want. I don't think Winners Choice does this.

Your left right problem probably has to do with your sight picture. It is best if you have at least 2 anchor points on your face. What a lot of people have is an anchor point that they touch with their release hand and another that they touch with the string or a kisser button. I personally anchor to my jaw bone and touch the string to the tip of my nose. This ensures you are looking through the peep at the same angle everytime. If the string is floating away from your face, you really can't know for sure that you are looking through the peep the same way everytime.

You should also make sure your sight housing is centered in your peep. Think of it as a circle within a circle. Once the two circles are aligned, and you are touching your two anchor points, then your sight picture is correct. Now maintain this alignment and put your pin on the target and shoot.

It is possible to move your head around and change the angle at which you are looking through the peep to acquire the target. This can cause inconsistent hits. Try the above and see if it helps....
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    Thanks for all the good info, looks like the tube is going back on until I can get another string.
    If you are using a string loop, rotate it so that it is point the same direction that your peep is rotated to, then tighten it down so that it will not rotate on the string when you draw. When you pull the bow back, the loop should rotate the peep into proper alignment..
    Pathfinder Arrow Wraps