You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default is my draw length still to long? (pic)

I have one more post to go on the cam..if it's still to long and one more post doesn't fix it I'm in trouble. Also, how do I measure the bow's DL, it says it goes from 25-29" but from what I can tell it stops at 26". It's a martin orion btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On the first thread, I said it didn't look bad. Now it looks longer. It must have been the camera angle! They say your nock should line up with the corner of your eye. I'm sure you'll get some better advice in the morning. Hang in there, you'll get it.

man I really need to lose some weight, I know I'm balooning my belly a bit but I'm carrying 15lbs in all the wrong places, a 155lbs dude shouldn't look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by n2t View Post
    man I really need to lose some weight, I know I'm balooning my belly a bit but I'm carrying 15lbs in all the wrong places, a 155lbs dude shouldn't look like that.
    It could be worse, you could look like.............me!

Site Guru

its kind of a bad angle. a straight side shot like what you posted before would be better, you also look like your aiming down a little bit again but that could be the angle.
    No I'm not dead

Senior Member vonottoexperience's Avatar

The pic is bad..but from what I see, you should raise your peep so that to get a good sight picture the string should just touch the tip of your nose.This will bring your head back and up...and just about right.

Quote Originally Posted by vonottoexperience View Post
    The pic is bad..but from what I see, you should raise your peep so that to get a good sight picture the string should just touch the tip of your nose.This will bring your head back and up...and just about right.
    this is a wise man.....so its true when you get older you get wiser????

I agree w/this statement and I beleive we may have a better idea of your draw if you change the position of the camera and your head......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by vonottoexperience View Post
    I have been messing with my peep and it changed a lot. draw looked too long when my peep was too high. Now that my peep is where it is suppose to be, my nock is lined up correctly.

Close your eyes, draw back and see if your peep needs to be moved. A guy out at the range yesterday told me, to adjust my bow to what is comfortable to ME. If you are not comfortable with your form it will always change and mess you up, I have really found this out since taking the tube off my peep.
    Last edited by Wheely; 03-01-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Looks fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    I have been messing with my peep and it changed a lot. draw looked too long when my peep was too high. Now that my peep is where it is suppose to be, my nock is lined up correctly.

Close your eyes, draw back and see if your peep needs to be moved. A guy out at the range yesterday told me, to adjust my bow to what is comfortable to ME. If you are not comfortable with your form it will always change and mess you up, I have really found this out since taking the tube off my peep.
    Yes, your peep location changes the geometry of your form a lot more than you think. The peep needs to be in the right spot for you. Closing your eyes at full draw and getting comfortable with your anchor then opening your eye(s) (I shoot with both eyes open) will help get the peep in the right spot for you. It's also possible to have to change peep location slightly if you change your draw length. Get your draw length right first, then locate your peep relative to your comfortable anchor. I had to do a couple of iterations of this to get it comfortable.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Yes, your peep location changes the geometry of your form a lot more than you think. The peep needs to be in the right spot for you.
    Ron
    And this is where all my problems began. I need to learn how to tie a peep in, I think the archery shop is starting to feel like they actually have to work. He actually charged me $5 to tie in my old peep (they didn't charge me for the first 2 times )

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels3 View Post
    And this is where all my problems began. I need to learn how to tie a peep in, I think the archery shop is starting to feel like they actually have to work. He actually charged me $5 to tie in my old peep (they didn't charge me for the first 2 times )
    In the BC life we use to give em a taste of the stuff and then when they came back we got tha $$$$ for it> It's called gettin em hooked> which I think the most of us are> HS

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Well I think I'm hooked. I had them shorten the DL to 26", install an STS, move my peed up, and slide my rest slightly to the left. I also got the GF an impact sight with the coiled fiber obptics and ordered an alpine whisperflite drop away rest, and recently installed a derlin cable slide and cable slide rod dampener. I'm shooting 26"DL, 61#pull, 366grn arrows, at 230fps for roughly 43ftlbs of energy.