You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: class?

  1. #1
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default class?

    I am going to my first 3D shoot on the 18th. My club is hosting it. What class would I be in and/or where to I find the rules/regulations and classes for the shoots? Just trying to educate myself

  2. #2
    get'n rid of target panic STRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    N. Illinois
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    I can't remember what your set up is or if you even have posted it. Anyway, they will be able to tell you at the club, they should have it laid out as to what the requirements are for each class. Don't make any bets like Bowman.
    .

    Carbon Matrix

    Certified NASP Instructor

  3. #3
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default Class?

    I dont have any why do you ask????



    At my club you would shoot from the same stake as me......the women/traditional stake.....


    If I could offer one peice of advise, dont take a score card to your first few shoots......Just go and shoot the course and have a blast learning about this great game called 3d......after you have a few shoots under your belt then you can decide if you want to keep score or not......
    I cut things up and split them down!

  4. #4
    Wheely Threads Wheely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    I shot a quite a few 3D's when I was shooting 5 yeas ago, so I am not totally new to them.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    What "class" you fall in will depend on the club. Some clubs follow their own classifications, while some will follow ASA/ IBO. It all depends.

    Most of the clubs I shoot at have.... Youth, Traditional, Bowhunter and Freestyle (pro/trophy). And a Mens, Senior and Womens category. The "class" you sign up for will determine which stake you will shoot from.

    Since this is your first shoot in awhile I would tell them to put me in any class that they want and shoot from whatever stake you feel comfortable with.

  6. #6
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Are View Post
    What "class" you fall in will depend on the club. Some clubs follow their own classifications, while some will follow ASA/ IBO. It all depends.

    Most of the clubs I shoot at have.... Youth, Traditional, Bowhunter and Freestyle (pro/trophy). And a Mens, Senior and Womens category. The "class" you sign up for will determine which stake you will shoot from.

    Since this is your first shoot in awhile I would tell them to put me in any class that they want and shoot from whatever stake you feel comfortable with.
    awsome, can I do this also or is it a girls only thing
    I cut things up and split them down!

  7. #7

    Default

    It usually depends on what type of equipment you have. Some clubs have different classes depending on stabilizer length, scope or pin sight and of course male/female.

    The club will let you know when you get there. Not something to be overly concerned about. Just go and have a good time.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  8. #8
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    dress up like an old guy and shoot from the Senior stakes. you can take em!
    No I'm not dead

  9. #9
    Senior Member Holy Smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    dress up like an old guy and shoot from the Senior stakes. you can take em!
    Hey Big Guy that's a cheap shot> Why? because I resemble that remark. HS



    Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

  10. #10
    RIP Ronhop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Rock Island, IL
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I dont have any why do you ask????



    At my club you would shoot from the same stake as me......the women/traditional stake.....


    If I could offer one peice of advise, dont take a score card to your first few shoots......Just go and shoot the course and have a blast learning about this great game called 3d......after you have a few shoots under your belt then you can decide if you want to keep score or not......
    Yes, I agree, don't keep score your first few times.
    In fact I still shoot without keeping score. That way my buddies won't make fun of me for beating me since there's nothing to measure!

    Seriously though, we often don't shoot from the same stakes for each target. We kind of make our own game out of it. We treat each target like it's a unique game, kind of like a skins game of sorts. We go out and just plain have fun.

    Ron

Similar Threads

  1. Rangefinder Class....YES OR NO....
    By BUNNYMAN in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 10:44 PM
  2. Class
    By aligator in forum Beginners Archery Range
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 07:01 AM
  3. hunter class vs open class?
    By ac8528 in forum Tournament Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 05:41 AM
  4. What class is he in????
    By deerkiller in forum Bowhunting forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 11:26 AM
  5. 3d class
    By tyshe17 in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •